+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Referencce 3A Royal Virtuoso

I'm Matt.

Default FS: Referencce 3A Royal Virtuoso

I have decided to sell my Ref 3A Royal Virtuosos as I don't think they quite match my room positioning and I'm not hearing the best from them. Will copy paste some info below about these wonderful speakers-

"This was the companies flagship speaker until discontinued due to difficulty and cost to produce. If you do not know this speaker you should as it is one of the best monitor speakers available period. These speakers have a totally inert cabinet and are very dynamic and detailed without the loss of musicality. If you are into imaging and a wide soundstage these are some of the best I have heard in that regard at any price. The frequency response is truly amazing with these and provide a nearly full range sound which I never felt the need to supplement with a subwoofer. The drivers and crossovers are extremely tightly matched and of the highest quality. The best thing though about these is that they are an easy load and can be driven well by as little as a few watts!! I have had excellent results with tube amps as well as solid state. These speakers are quite heavy (65lbs. each packed). Overall, these are a truly fantastic speaker and very hard to come by on the used market. All the superlatives that Ref 3a is known for can be found in these speakers and then some."

"Cabinets made entirely of CorianĀ® means ultra dead, ultra "quiet" enclosures that impose none of their sonic signature on the music. Divers are held rigidly in place while their vibration is effectively damped by the dense cabinet material.

As carefully matched as the drivers are in the MM De Capo are, those selected for use in the Royal Virtuoso are the cream of the crop an matched to exacting standards.

No expense has been spared to make the Royal Virtuoso and outstanding performer worthy of being called the flagship of the line.

Proprietary, handmade driver
    Eleven gauge van den Hul silver alloy wiring for the woofer
    Twelve gauge van den Hul silver/carbon wiring for the tweeter
    Drivers precisely selected and matched
    Ultra rigid, ultra lightweight carbon fiber woofer/midrange cone material
    Drivers run at high voltage for 72 hours before matching
    High density CorianĀ® cabinet material
    Dual suspension tweeter keeps the voice coil centered in the gap at high levels
    Solid copper Cardas jumpers (bi-wiring is recommended)
    Folded pipe linear port design allows near wall placement
    10 degrees phase accuracy
    Exotic, handmade multi-plate paper and oil capacitor
    Frequency response 44Hz - 22kHz
    Sensitivity 92dB
    Impedance 6 Ohms
    Dimensions 12"W x 16"H x 13"D"

They're very heavy due to the full corian construction, I do have all the packing, protective cloth bags etc but I'd rather they were collected or I could meet up, I'm located fairly centrally just off J27 of the M1. If you're seriously interested I could look into shipping but I expect it to be expensive.

Can come to a deal to include the Something Solid stands. Only blemish is a small stain to one of the grilles.

£1550.

Last edited by Matt_J; 08-01-2017 at 15:06. Reason: Added better pics

I'm Geoff.

I've heard a pair of these. They are amazing speakers. The imaging and transparency are quite something.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Amazing speakers, but those are the wrong type of stand for them. I suspect if you had the right type of stand, you might keep them. Correct type moderate weight centre column stand or their matching stand which is a weird tuning fork design.

If you contact the UK distributor they might have a pair of the Reference 3A stands, worth ago.
    Regards Neil

I'm Matt.

Thanks for the info Neil.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_J View Post
    Thanks for the info Neil.
    No worries, I used to work for a dealer that sold them, and I have a friend who still does, plus I own a pair of Dulcets.
    Regards Neil

I'm gordan.

these and proac response 1SC, definitely the best off-shelf two ways for tube friendly or class A systems
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Matt.

Hi Gordon, yes they work well with my 10W Luxman, not heard the 1SC but it's a cracker by all accounts.

I'm Matt.

Updated with better pictures.

I'm Matt.

Sunday bump.

I'm Matt.

Come on chaps, these are cracking speakers, plus I'm getting tired of tripping over them here so they need to go!

+ Reply to Thread