+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pink floyds the wall

I'm jamie.

Default pink floyds the wall

ive picked up a japanese 1st pressing,cant wait to hear it!

My System/ KLH 23,Celestion Ditton 66,Pioneer PLC-1700, DD,TT ,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS,Ortofon 2M BLACK / MC25 FL,,Sony 700ES Amp, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,Technics sl-pg490 CD

I'm Shaun.

Hey, Jamie, hope this sounds really good. The last UK version I bought was as flat and dull as fXXk. I have not been impressed by the quality of this album for quite some time.
    Nottingham Analogue Interspace deck - Funk Firm Achromat - Rega RB250 - Denon DL103
    Marantz CD6005 into an Audiolab M-DAC latest Lake West firmware

Prima Luna Prologue 3 preamplifier - Rothwell MC Headamp
    Prima Luna Dialogue Premium power amp EL34

KEF Q500 loudspeakers

Van Den Hul Teatrack biwired loudspeaker cables
    Atlas Hyper MkII interconnects
    QED Reference Audio 40 on phono stages

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Hey, Jamie, hope this sounds really good. The last UK version I bought was as flat and dull as fXXk. I have not been impressed by the quality of this album for quite some time.
    Isn't this, ... "The Wall" is one of Floyd's best recordings, and always impresses, ... where we came in.

I'm Shaun.

In fact, the recent re-release I have on CD is even worse than the vinyl with respect to overall sound quality and tone. I have no idea why the copy I have sounds so bad but when compared to TDSOTM this album is tragic.
    Nottingham Analogue Interspace deck - Funk Firm Achromat - Rega RB250 - Denon DL103

KEF Q500 loudspeakers

I'm Deano.

I picked up a Jap pressing of dark side of the moon about a year ago at a boot sale didnt think it would be any good and it was cheap as chips, boy was i shocked the pressing was superb

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

In fact, the recent re-release I have on CD is even worse than the vinyl with respect to overall sound quality and tone. I have no idea why the copy I have sounds so bad but when compared to TDSOTM this album is tragic.
    The spotify stream of the wall is very flat too. Dsotm is much better on it so its maybe just bad dynamics of the mastering ....you get that with vinyl too. Ive an old vinyl of ds and although not all that early, its probably a 5th, it sounds the best ive heard it. The sacd is not great in comparison to the original cd either.
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.1- CHROMECAST2 AUDIO x2. - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1. - PIONEER 717 & MODDED MF X10v3. - PROART AMP/BERESFORD TC-7240 SWITCHBOX. - WIN10 JRIVER21, AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC & CHROMECAST AUDIO DONGLE, POWERED BY LINEAR AND BATTERY PSU's - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - CARTS.. AT95S, SHURE M55E, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Shaun.

Yes, I have the SACD of TDSOTM and it is just wrong in many ways when compared to the ordinary vinyl version. I have an early barcode free copy and a recent issue and both sound bloody wonderful. My re-issue of WYWH is also incredibly poor tonally. I can't comment on mastering and mixing but something is just wrong with these albums and it appears to be very variable.

KEF Q500 loudspeakers

I'm Dave.

I have a jap copy too. Very good.
    I recently bought the new pressing hoping it might be better. I don't think it is, just a slightly different mix.

A good purchase, the jap copy.

I'm Graham.

I have several copies,but still,when I play it, much prefer my original UK release,clicks and scratches included,it's just so much more alive than any re-issues I have heard.

I'm James.

Yes, I have the SACD of TDSOTM and it is just wrong in many ways when compared to the ordinary vinyl version. I have an early barcode free copy and a recent issue and both sound bloody wonderful. My re-issue of WYWH is also incredibly poor tonally. I can't comment on mastering and mixing but something is just wrong with these albums and it appears to be very variable.
    I have heard every digital version of the wall available and they are all crap compared with the original vinyl which is simple stunning. I suspect its all to do with the mixing and mastering. The 24 bit version is even worse than 16 bit.
    VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T Tonearm / 2M Black /Croft 25R+ / Croft 7X2 / Spendor SP2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast