+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTD: Benchmark DAC1 HDR

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Richard.

Default WTD: Benchmark DAC1 HDR

As the title; I want at least 2 digital RCA inputs.

I'm paul.

Keep looking mate, Ive had mine over three years and cant recommend it enough.
    Paul

Thorens TD 124, Thorens 12" Arm refurbished by Alfred, Shure M55, Denon 103r ,whest PS30R , Auditorium A23 Sony XA20 ES, Benchmark DAC 1 HDR, Elite Townsens 600c Pre,
    DPA Enlightenment DAC, , , Radford STA 25 Series 3, Aurex ST S80 , Tannoy Monitor Golds 15" Tannoy York Enclosures, TEAC DS H01, Isotek Substation, Abbey Road Reference Speaker Cables
    and some other stuff

I'm Richard.

Bump.

I'm Richard.

Bump.

I'm Richard.

Bump.

I'm Steven.

I bought an Audiolab MDAC+ a few months ago and am selling as I'm moving to an all-in-one (Devialet Pro). It's got two coaxial inputs, loads of others, generally a superb DAC. It replaced a PS Audio PWD Mk2 that cost three times as much.

Images here http://www.audiolab.co.uk/product-detail.php?pid=17

Let me know if you are interested.
    Wilson, Devialet, Innuos, Puritan, Claro

I'm Rich.

I'm using an Arcam irDAC 2 at the moment. Used to have a Benchmark DAC 1 HDR. The Arcam has all the functionality of the Benchmark (and more). 2 coax, 2 optical, USB, decent headphone amp, preamp function, variable output, remote control, DSD, 32bit, Bluetooth (if that's your thing).

You can get one for £399 new so I expect a used one will be even more cost effective. The downside to the Arcam is is comes with a rather cheap SMPS. However I'm sure a decent linear PSU could also be had within the same budget as a used Benchmark.

Sorry to distract from your wanted thread and pls ignore if it's not helpful but as I've owned both I thought I'd offer an alternative.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Steven.

The multiple power supplies (as explained in the link) was the main reason for getting the MDAC+ and is the biggest improvement over the original MDAC, requiring a larger case. It is crazy that it only put up the price by £200, besides the other improvements. At £800 I think they got the pricing wrong.

I'm Richard.

Thank you for the input, but I am holding out for a Benchmark. The alternative would be to build a 4 board DDDac, which would cost about £2000!

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by awkwardbydesign View Post
    Thank you for the input, but I am holding out for a Benchmark. The alternative would be to build a 4 board DDDac, which would cost about £2000!
    Fair call. Their ABH2 amp and the ADC are both meant to be equally superb, especially the amp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast