+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1210 feet

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    I have now gone the alloy and brass spike route and the sound is so much better.
    Which Brass Spikes did you get? And where did you get them? Do you have feet for them?
    Anyone who thinks CDs sound better needs to listen to my system. Besides, my cables sound better than yours.

Technics SL1200-MK2 SE-1: MN Bearing + Baseplate + AL/CU Platter, Paul Hynes SR7 Power Supply, Isonoe Feet, SME V, Audio Technica AT33EV, CableMaker 1 Tonearm Cable
    Technics SL1200-MK2 SE-2: MN Bearing + Baseplate, Copper Mat, Paul Hynes SR7 Power Supply, Isonoe Feet, SME 309, Audio Technica ATOC9/MLII, CableMaker 1 Tonearm Cable

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by CableMaker1 View Post
    Which Brass Spikes did you get? And where did you get them? Do you have feet for them?
    I have 2 sets of spikes and the isonoes and the spikes give a better sound. They were made by Vic who has a company called Transfi Audio. Not cheap but well worth the cost as there very well made.

Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm keiron.

But spikes don't remove vibrations, do they?

In fact, don't they "couple" the turntable to the platform on which it is standing? (In the same way that spikes do for speakers - the main advantage there being that the spikes can be adjusted to ensure the speaker doesn't sway).

I may be completely wrong though!

I'm Kevin.

The best feet I have tried are the Funk Firm's Bo!ng. It would be good to hear from someone else who has tried them on a SL1200.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Mike.

My experience differs from CageyH's regarding the Funk Bo!ng as they tested as my least prefered option. The tests were done by recording the playback and then evaluating the recordings.
    The competitors were RDC1 cones and standard feet.

The recordings were offered as blind evaluation files here on AoS and on a couple of swedish forums.
    Out of ca 20 votes (not many people are willing to offer their opinion on what they hear) most people prefered the standard feet, second was the RDC1 (my personal choice) and i think two or three prefered the Bo!ng.

Now, i wouldnt entertain rigid feet on the Lack table if thats what you are referring to but in other situations my choice will be be the RDC cones!

I'm Mike.

Phew !
    RDCs win
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12