+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RDC Cones or keep Isonoe feet

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Sorbothane on a Creaktiv rack
    Not overkill at all

Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Mike.

Yes I sometimes wonder at it all.

Sounds wunnerful tho
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Sorbothane on a Creaktiv rack
    Not overkill at all
    Possibly not - those racks are not the best for isolation.
    A friend has one, and he's had to bugger around to kill the various resonances.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Possibly not - those racks are not the best for isolation.
    A friend has one, and he's had to bugger around to kill the various resonances.
    The Creaktiv was very good, a nice step up from Mana and I assumed the other supports would not change it.
    What resonances ?
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

The one I've seen was very lively, to the point of making itself audible underneath the music.
    Was is the key word - it's not lively now, but it's taken a lot of buggering about to make it that way.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Gary.

RDC cones under my valve amp sitting atop Soundampedsteel plates here.
    Best isolation I found for plonking kit on my Stands Unique glass rack.

Though weirdly, the best I found for my digital source was 3 feet off an old Rega turntable, go figure!
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    The one I've seen was very lively, to the point of making itself audible underneath the music.
    Was is the key word - it's not lively now, but it's taken a lot of buggering about to make it that way.
    I found the demo one I had from Tony better than Mana right away. Then I think it became better, perhaps due to the sand or particles of unobtainium settling.
    I now have 2 Creaktiv racks and they are staying

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12