Closed Thread

Thread: Nigel (nigsy116) - 'no show'

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Exclamation Nigel (nigsy116) - 'no show'

Hi Nigel,

Barry informs me that you'd offered to write a review for the Album Club this week, and despite him trying to contact you, as you've reneged on that arrangement, he's received no response. This is completely unacceptable.

I understand if something's come up that's prevented you from honouring your commitment, but then at least let Barry know (preferably in advance) so that he can arrange cover. No to do so, and then ignore his subsequent communications, I'm afraid, is the height of bad manners

In future, there will be a rule (which I'm just about to sticky at the top of this section of the forum) outlining that when you volunteer to review an album for the Album Club, then do your utmost to produce it, but if for whatever reason you can't, then you *must* inform either Barry, myself or one of the moderators, ASAP (before the due date of the review), so that alternative cover can be arranged.

Failure in future by any member to do that latter, will result in one week's ban. The only way that the Album Club can work, is if folks do their utmost to produce the review promised or advise us in good time if they can't.

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm Nigel.

First up I am not apologising.
    If you check your admin logs you will see I haven't logged in for a while, so had absolutely no idea anyone (Barry??) had made the request.

Second - I am not overly amused at the tone of your post to me - "Completely unacceptable" and "the height of bad manners"; climb off your high horse and get with the real world.

Third - Barry really couldn't have tried that hard to get hold of me - You managed it with one post. Also if Barry had a backup plan in place - Just incase of events like this; this would be a non-issue.

I am more than happy to provide reviews - But if I don't know about the request, you are not going to get a review.

Nigel.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nigel, I don't have time to 'nanny' people, check admin logs and whatever else it is you think I should be doing to see if you're carrying out what you've promised. And I don't care for your snotty tone either, which shows you're not a very polite person.

It's no-one else's fault but YOURS, but you won't accept responsibility. Barry only has the ability to send you a PM, as way of a reminder, which I believe he did. What else do you expect him to do, track down where you live and knock on your door?

You shouldn't need to be reminded of when it is you've stated that you're going to do your review. It's up to YOU to remember. Get a diary and organise yourself. And if you're unable to do what you've promised (perfectly understandable), then at least have the courtesy to let those know who are organising the Album Club, and whom you will have inconvenienced for your 'no show'.

That's what happens in the REAL WORLD (my world) where people are polite and properly organised!

So next time, observe the proper protocol or don't bother putting your name forward in the first place. End of. And that applies to everyone else like Nigel who thinks that the mods and I should be running around monitoring their log-in history and the commitments they've made to others.

The message is simple, folks: if you volunteer to review an album, for an agreed date, then do your best to honour that commitment. But if you can't, then let Barry (The Album Club), myself or one of the other mods know IN GOOD TIME, before the due date for the review, so that we can arrange cover.

Not doing so, isn't cool. Simples!

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

Closed Thread