Closed Thread

Thread: Nigel (nigsy116) - 'no show'

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Exclamation Nigel (nigsy116) - 'no show'

Hi Nigel,

Barry informs me that you'd offered to write a review for the Album Club this week, and despite him trying to contact you, as you've reneged on that arrangement, he's received no response. This is completely unacceptable.

I understand if something's come up that's prevented you from honouring your commitment, but then at least let Barry know (preferably in advance) so that he can arrange cover. No to do so, and then ignore his subsequent communications, I'm afraid, is the height of bad manners

In future, there will be a rule (which I'm just about to sticky at the top of this section of the forum) outlining that when you volunteer to review an album for the Album Club, then do your utmost to produce it, but if for whatever reason you can't, then you *must* inform either Barry, myself or one of the moderators, ASAP (before the due date of the review), so that alternative cover can be arranged.

Failure in future by any member to do that latter, will result in one week's ban. The only way that the Album Club can work, is if folks do their utmost to produce the review promised or advise us in good time if they can't.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

nigsy116 Guest

First up I am not apologising.
    If you check your admin logs you will see I haven't logged in for a while, so had absolutely no idea anyone (Barry??) had made the request.

Second - I am not overly amused at the tone of your post to me - "Completely unacceptable" and "the height of bad manners"; climb off your high horse and get with the real world.

Third - Barry really couldn't have tried that hard to get hold of me - You managed it with one post. Also if Barry had a backup plan in place - Just incase of events like this; this would be a non-issue.

I am more than happy to provide reviews - But if I don't know about the request, you are not going to get a review.

Nigel.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nigel, I don't have time to 'nanny' people, check admin logs and whatever else it is you think I should be doing to see if you're carrying out what you've promised. And I don't care for your snotty tone either, which shows you're not a very polite person.

It's no-one else's fault but YOURS, but you won't accept responsibility. Barry only has the ability to send you a PM, as way of a reminder, which I believe he did. What else do you expect him to do, track down where you live and knock on your door?

You shouldn't need to be reminded of when it is you've stated that you're going to do your review. It's up to YOU to remember. Get a diary and organise yourself. And if you're unable to do what you've promised (perfectly understandable), then at least have the courtesy to let those know who are organising the Album Club, and whom you will have inconvenienced for your 'no show'.

That's what happens in the REAL WORLD (my world) where people are polite and properly organised!

So next time, observe the proper protocol or don't bother putting your name forward in the first place. End of. And that applies to everyone else like Nigel who thinks that the mods and I should be running around monitoring their log-in history and the commitments they've made to others.

The message is simple, folks: if you volunteer to review an album, for an agreed date, then do your best to honour that commitment. But if you can't, then let Barry (The Album Club), myself or one of the other mods know IN GOOD TIME, before the due date for the review, so that we can arrange cover.

Not doing so, isn't cool. Simples!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Closed Thread