+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Tuners ... are they all pretty much the same ?

I'm Nick.

Thanks Neil. Did you find the Kenwoods the best for sound overall? IIRC you had the KT-3050 and 5020.

I bought my L-1000T for £101 including free postage (lucky that as the tuner weighs about 10 kg). I'm hoping to get it serviced and aligned this year but I'm also after a Marantz CD player to complete the system. Decisions decisions...

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_G View Post
    Thanks Neil. Did you find the Kenwoods the best for sound overall? IIRC you had the KT-3050 and 5020.

I bought my L-1000T for £101 including free postage (lucky that as the tuner weighs about 10 kg). I'm hoping to get it serviced and aligned this year but I'm also after a Marantz CD player to complete the system. Decisions decisions...
    For the very modest price they sell for - yes. I found a 7020 as well. You want silver period looks and VU meters then they are boring black boxes but sound excellent for the money. If you want a smidge more, but at much greater cost then Audiolab 8000T, Revox B760 etc - pretty much as Tuner Net work list them - then they are better but at £30 to £50 vs hundreds then its really no contest re the Kenwoods being biggest bang for the least amount, in my view.

I haven't heard the top Kenwoods, or the top Accuphase, or top Sansui, but despite that I have no doubt they are better again, but its going to be a small improvement, but at what ? £1000 + for some of those, particularly if sourced in Germany. To my mind unless you are a totally anal collector with more money than sense, then its not worth it - in my view.

There was a Sansui 919 listed on AoS for sale a few months ago - I didn't buy it or ask. Once upon a time I might have but not these days.

Of course other folks mileage may vary.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011