+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuners ... are they all pretty much the same ?

I'm Michael.

I have a Pure dab 701drx and a 702 DRX both sound fantastic I've had many tuners Nad Yamaha But the pure Dab sound is amazing

I'm Andrew.

Overwhelming!!! I think my Yamaha will do . But what an eye opener

I'm Phil.

had quite a few tuners , I rather like the denon tu 260L which is super cheap s/h

http://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/index.ph...up-test-2.html

better by far is my bel canto FM1 which has a separate psu and gives very holographic sound in good reception

http://www.tonepublications.com/revi...one-fm1-tuner/
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Andrew.

I have a Magnum Dynalab FT101A paid £150 for it. Fantastic.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

danilo Guest

Really? I'm envious.
    Local FM broadcasts "here" are too shite to tolerate. 'Personalities' and repetitive dross dominates. Silence is preferable.
    I can get better tunes out of my TV service's 'radio' feeds
    Radio in my part of the world seems as dead as 8 tracks .
    0oops... just saw that some nutters are trying to revive that though.
    Must have $$ in that race.

I'm Justin.

I'm on my second Scott 350B decked out with a very nice set of valves.

Murders the Sansui TU-9900 I had for tone. That's where it wins as technically the Sansui murders the Scott.

That Sansui had the best FM sensitivity I have come across. But it is useless, really. Being able to pick up weak signals isn't useful as you don't want to listen to it in a hi-fi system. Whistle. Chirp.

I also think that a proper aerial is a complete waste of money in decent reception areas.

So basically the Scott is really quite coloured but in a very good way. The Sansui clinical and sterile. I'll take the former.

I expect this is why people like Leak Troughlines. Never heard one so just guessing.

I have owned a few other tuners. The 1963 Scott is the best on the ears but the tech performance isn't good.

I'm Justin.

BTW www.fmtunerinfo.com well worth a read.

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I also think that a proper aerial is a complete waste of money in decent reception areas.
    Interesting, my guess would be that a tuner is totally reliant on its antenna, I would have thought the better that is, then the better the tuner gets,
    and that has been my experience.

I'm Michael.

My two pure tuners get maximum 100 strength on display with wire hanging from the Dab Ariel both sound amazing to me I love listening to radio 2 etc also have Dab in my new VW golf that's crystal clear as well

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    The flagship Sansui TU 919 of the time, for example was said to be a superb tuner and still regarded and sought today https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_li...i/tu-919.shtml
    +1
    I have one of these and it's an absolute delight in every way.
    It opened my mind to Japanese hi-fi, which I'm sorry to say I had previously been rather sniffy about.
    IB.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast