+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boot Sale HiFi 2017

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Why angry?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Loners are always angry. It's a part of the whole package.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Ah I see, maybe that's why I've clashed on forums with so many of those types in the past [refusing to be a target for their anger]!

Unfortunately, forums are full of them. In any case, you don't look angry, merely slightly miffed.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Car boot is just antiquing for poor people. Or angry loners with time on their hands, like me.
    I think that car boot fairs can be a great source of interesting stuff, but I guess collectibles and antique dealers are among those picking through the stuff as it gets unloaded. There is one held about 10 mins walk from where I live,thing is I can't be bothered getting up early enough to make it worth my while. And it could be argued very easily I have way too much stuff already to be adding more to it.
    Regards Neil

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I think that car boot fairs can be a great source of interesting stuff, but I guess collectibles and antique dealers are among those picking through the stuff as it gets unloaded.
    There are plenty of chancer traders wanting to get in first. When selling at boot sales, I've had them come over and start going through the stuff in my car before I've even unloaded. Needless to say I tell 'em to piss off.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There are plenty of chancer traders wanting to get in first. At boot sales, I've had them come over and start going through the stuff in my car before I've even unloaded. Needless to say I tell 'em to piss off.
    I can imagine.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    There are plenty of chancer traders wanting to get in first. When selling at boot sales, I've had them come over and start going through the stuff in my car before I've even unloaded. Needless to say I tell 'em to piss off.
    That's the best bit. First one I did was a bit of a shocker, they come running after your van as you drive in. Second one I said to my girlfriend 'Just drive around the car park in a big circle a few times and see if they will actually follow us round.' And they did! We were wetting ourselves laughing.
    Current Lash Up:

Haha - quality... Sounds funnier than watching soap-dodging chavs fighting over cheap TVs on Black Friday!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

Aye, good times.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ha- that's what you get living in an area overrun by oiks!

I always find that the nicer/wealthier the area, the better the contents generally are in charity shops and car boots...

Marco.
    You should see the stuff that's put out for disposal in some of the wealthier parts of London - all because the owners are too lazy to take it to a charity shop where some good could come of it.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast