+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Boot Sale HiFi 2017

I'm Martin.

Not here they don't. Here it's all house clearance crap. I mean complete tat that just needs tipping.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Paul.

Don't know why it is but all the Charity shops around here (and there are loads of them) have all stopped selling electrical gear, and all the LP'S seem to be James Last or Mrs Mills.

Still kick myself for the one time I did see an amp which was one of the big Pioneer silvers in the S-9000 range for 50 and at the time was skint (again) so had to pass, that was a few years ago now but virtually nothing in any of them now, and as said above most don't hold any electrical stock at all.

Paul
    Current setup Thorens TD-160 Mk1 with Denon DL-110 MC Cartridge, Pioneer A-70 Amp, Yamaha AX-592 Amp, Yamaha CDX-710 CD Player, Pioneer PD-4300 CD Player, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers, Van-Damme Cables throughout.

I'm Martin.

I think it is because due to heath & safety gone mad they are obliged to test mains powered electricals before offering for sale. And as most of it is tat that won't sell anyway they won't spend the money to do it.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Not here they don't. Here it's all house clearance crap. I mean complete tat that just needs tipping.
    Ha- that's what you get living in an area overrun by oiks!

I always find that the nicer/wealthier the area, the better the contents generally are in charity shops and car boots...

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Martin.

Here we spend our money on booze and fags not squander it on expensive crap just to give it away 6 months later for 50p down a booty.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Fortunately, around here, out with of the chav dross and layabout scumbags, infecting certain housing estates, there's a lot of 'old money' and large properties locally, especially in rural towns and around Cheshire, so the 'pickings' are generally quite good - not that I go often to car boot sales though, much as I occasionally enjoy it

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Neil.

Only ever been to a car boot once, and then purely by chance. Walking along the sea front and a car park was being used. Nothing much to see, so I moved along rapidly. I never went back.
    Regards Neil

System 1: AMG Giro turntable, AMG 9W2 tonearm, Air Tight PC3 cartridge, Passlabs Xono phonostage, AMG Reference armcable. Accuphase DP57 CD player, Marantz SA7 SACD player, Sony HAP Z1es Digital File Player + Audioquest Jitter Bug, Veracity Mystra DAC + Dell Laptop + iFi i power + JKenny JKSPIDIF, Wireworld Starlight USB + Audioquest Jitter Bug, for computer audio, Audio Valve RKV2 headphone amp, headphones Grado GS 1000, Balanced Audio Technology VK300se integrated amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers. Cabling: Signal - Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, Atlas Mavros, Speaker - QED Genesis Silver Spiral. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, TCI. Mark Grant distribution blocks, Equipment tables Target Audio B series.

System 2: Loricraft Garrard 401 turntable + SME 5 tonearm + VDH MC10 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Modified Technics 1200 turntable + Triplannar 7 tonearm + VDH Frog Gold cartridge + Paul Hynes SR7 PSU, SME Model 20 turntable + Graham Phantom tonearm + Ortofon MC5200 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Balanced Audio Technology VK10se phonostage, Moon Andromeda CD player, Esoteric P5 SACD transport and P 5 DAC, Toshiba 9500 DVD Audio player, AMR DP777 DAC + HP laptop + iFi i power + Wireworld Starlight USB - for computer audio, Kenwood 8300 tuner, Revox B760 tuner, Magnum Dynalab signal sleuth, Leak Troughline tuner + EAR Stereo decoder, Revox B77 mk 2 & Revox A77 mk3 reel to reel recorders, Balanced Audio Technology VK52se pre-amplifier, Music Reference RM200 mk1 power-amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 speakers. Cabling: Signal/Speaker - Atlas Mavros. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, TCI. Mains distribution blocks Mark Grant and Russ Andrews, Equipment tables Clear Light Audio.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Only ever been to a car boot once, and then purely by chance. Walking along the sea front and a car park was being used. Nothing much to see, so I moved along rapidly. I never went back.
    That's because when you get there at 0630 or whatever and open up your van there is a whole crowd of them there already who will unload the van for you and then buy all the good stuff. I just used to stand back and have a ciggy while they fought like rats. By 0700 you've only got the tat left.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That's because when you get there at 0630 or whatever and open up your van there is a whole crowd of them there already who will unload the van for you and then buy all the good stuff. I just used to stand back and have a ciggy while they fought like rats. By 0700 you've only got the tat left.
    I know that happens, I have seen similar at antique fairs.
    Regards Neil

System 1: AMG Giro turntable, AMG 9W2 tonearm, Air Tight PC3 cartridge, Passlabs Xono phonostage, AMG Reference armcable. Accuphase DP57 CD player, Marantz SA7 SACD player, Sony HAP Z1es Digital File Player + Audioquest Jitter Bug, Veracity Mystra DAC + Dell Laptop + iFi i power + JKenny JKSPIDIF, Wireworld Starlight USB + Audioquest Jitter Bug, for computer audio, Audio Valve RKV2 headphone amp, headphones Grado GS 1000, Balanced Audio Technology VK300se integrated amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers. Cabling: Signal - Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, Atlas Mavros, Speaker - QED Genesis Silver Spiral. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, TCI. Mark Grant distribution blocks, Equipment tables Target Audio B series.

System 2: Loricraft Garrard 401 turntable + SME 5 tonearm + VDH MC10 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Modified Technics 1200 turntable + Triplannar 7 tonearm + VDH Frog Gold cartridge + Paul Hynes SR7 PSU, SME Model 20 turntable + Graham Phantom tonearm + Ortofon MC5200 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Balanced Audio Technology VK10se phonostage, Moon Andromeda CD player, Esoteric P5 SACD transport and P 5 DAC, Toshiba 9500 DVD Audio player, AMR DP777 DAC + HP laptop + iFi i power + Wireworld Starlight USB - for computer audio, Kenwood 8300 tuner, Revox B760 tuner, Magnum Dynalab signal sleuth, Leak Troughline tuner + EAR Stereo decoder, Revox B77 mk 2 & Revox A77 mk3 reel to reel recorders, Balanced Audio Technology VK52se pre-amplifier, Music Reference RM200 mk1 power-amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 speakers. Cabling: Signal/Speaker - Atlas Mavros. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, TCI. Mains distribution blocks Mark Grant and Russ Andrews, Equipment tables Clear Light Audio.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I know that happens, I have seen similar at antique fairs.
    Car boot is just antiquing for poor people. Or angry loners with time on their hands, like me.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast