+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devialet - so lock me up.

I'm Steven.

Default Devialet - so lock me up.

I bought a Devialet Expert Pro 250 in January. It was just about a break-even deal after selling amps, phono amp, DAC, pre, cables and an old amp in the loft. Aries streamer soon to become redundant and sold. It is set up for streaming, 2 x phono, DVD and sky. I love the sound and convenience. No more multiple boxes for me, ever, it just seems pointless.

I can’t see anyone admitting that they own one of these units. Am I in a gang of one?
    Wilson, Devialet, Innuos, Puritan, Claro

I'm Shane.

My Dad uses a 120.

S.

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    My Dad uses a 120.

S.
    My dad uses an Aiwa mini system, and not due to poverty. So your dad is way ahead and dads are excluded unless they join AoS and admit it themselves.

I'm Brook.

Speaking as a benefactor of your box reduction I hope it pleases you as much as the Art Vinyl One Reference pleases me

I'm Hugh.

****! I've just Googled the price!

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    Speaking as a benefactor of your box reduction I hope it pleases you as much as the Art Vinyl One Reference pleases me
    That was the one thing I was worried I would miss. How can you replace that with a mini computer board doing A/D and D/A to your precious vinyl signal? It sounds good and I’m over it.

I was of the mind that the one redeeming feature of valves was their use in phono amps, but the Devialet works great and I heard the Trilogy unit in a Hifi lounge system a few weeks ago and that was superb as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

Only heard them at shows, where they sounded OK, but nothing special. I suppose the attraction is that it it is neat and tidy, replacing many boxes. What put me off more than anything was a mega-thread (thousands of posts) on another forum, of users talking about how to fix bugs or features that weren't properly implemented, and the manufacturer constantly promising fixes and upgrades with the next firmware release. Sounded like a typical small start-up software/computer company ... releasing unfinished products and letting the customers test them and find the bugs. Had enough of that over the years at work, without spending my leisure time trying to sort out someone else's poor design! Hopefully, they've sorted it all by now, but presumably it'll all start again with the next product release ... judging from the rest of the IT industry's normal practice.

I'm Steven.

Never had any software issues with mine.

I'm Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by narabdela View Post
    ****! I've just Googled the price!
    Got a Le 250 ex-demo from a main dealer and then bought the Pro upgrade, so saved about £3500 and the insides were new.

I'm gone.

All in ones do appeal. To me at any rate. Just as an interesting concept.
    Opinions seem to vary, as ever, on the Devialet sound quality - some loving it, others finding it tonally grey.
    I've never heard one, so I've no opinion.

I've a little Wadia box that accepts digital input and then outputs direct to the speakers. It sounds great and does everything I want.

I've got several other options for making up a system, though, and I'd really hate to give up the box swapping fun.
    There's always more to explore.
    But if multiple boxes have become a chore, then why not go for a one box solution that you enjoy the sound of?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast