+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for January!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Fearing that this thread is going to run for each of the months of the year, I thought I would pre-empt replies by quoting the apt 'A Song of the Weather' by Flanders and Swan:

January brings the snow,
    Makes your feet and fingers glow.

February's ice and sleet,
    Freeze the toes right off your feet.

Welcome, March, with wint'ry wind,
    Would thou wert not so unkind.

April brings the sweet spring showers,
    On and on for hours and hours.

Farmers fear unkindly May,
    Frost by night and hail by day.

June just rains and never stops,
    Thirty days and spoils the crops.

In July the sun is hot,

Flanders: Is it shining?
    Swann: No it's not!

Both: August, cold and dank and wet,
    Brings more rain than any yet.

Bleak September's mist and mud,
    Is enough to chill the blood.

Then October adds a gale,
    Wind and slush and rain and hail.

Dark November brings the fog,
    Should not do it to a dog.

Freezing wet December, then...

Bloody January again!
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

So much for snow! It's 5C, dry and cloudy here - a long way from snow.... Perhaps that will change later?

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Grant.

its all white here... swap ya?
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm John.

They keep telling us that we might get snow or even thundersnow (?) so I have decided that I will put on some good music ....cup my hands around a nice warm coffee and see what happens

I'm Geoff.

Just cold, drizzly and gloomy here.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    So much for snow! It's 5C, dry and cloudy here - a long way from snow.... Perhaps that will change later?

Marco.
    Your snow is not scheduled until 1700 hrs. Then you have heavy snow until midnight.

We are currently having some sleet as an aperitif.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Sony X505ES CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / NVA A30 Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm inconspicuous.

Snowing in Romford

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Your snow is not scheduled until 1700 hrs. Then you have heavy snow until midnight.

We are currently having some sleet as an aperitif.
    Lol... We had 'four flakes' falling here at 4pm, along with some hailstones, so if that's it, I'll be well disappointed! 'Proper snow' has been forecast for later, so we'll see what transpires. If I don't wake up to the scene from 'The Snowman' tomorrow morning, the Met Office will be hearing from me!!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Grant.

Been a few flutters but nothing much new. Stuff last night hasnt gone anywhere and snow under the softer recent fall has turned icy ... cutting wind too so no one going out that dont have to. The estate roads and pavements are tretcherous...god knows where our local gritter is or our pavement machine. Usually been up by now. Maybe its too cold for them...bless
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Geoff.

We've got a proper blizzard on the go here now. The ground is very wet from all the rain earlier, so it's not settling.........Yet!
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast