+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A very weird upgrade? The PMR (Passive Multi-vocal Resonator)

I'm Josie.

Default A very weird upgrade? The PMR (Passive Multi-vocal Resonator)

Hi all.

On my travels I came across this rather bonkers thing. It's called a PMR (Passive Multi-vocal Resonator) - Sounds crazy and rather like something out of Dr. Who or another 1950's SCI-FI film.

You place it directly in front of you between the speakers. Full article below.

http://www.stereotimes.com/acc010412.shtml

Anyway.. has anyone experienced one of these?
    Preamplifier: Croft Epoch Elite - Dual external PSU & Upgrades
    Amplifier: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp No. 5 using KT150's
    Digital: Raspberry Pi & ALLO Piano DAC & KALI - IQAudio DAC with SBooster Linear BOBW PSU & Trio DP700 CDP
    Turntable: Thorens TD124 MkII - Schopper refurbished
    Tonearm: SME 3009 S2 None Improved - Audio Origami modified
    Cartridge: Ortofon SPU GT
    Speakers: 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds in Lockwood Majors with Tannoyista Spec 3 crossovers
    Cables/Mains: Mark Grant Black Series mains cables & 6-Way power bar
    Cables/IC's: Mark Grant HDX1 Pure Copper + Custom made Silver/Gold interconnects
    Mains Other: Tube Distinctions/Mark Grant 'The Power Works' Digital noise mains power filter TD2414-MG - Nick Gorham DC Blocker unit constructed by Mark Grant

I'm Grant.

early warning system for incoming enemy aircraft?
    Regards,
    Grant

IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2 & I.SABRE DAC running MOODE 2.7-CHROMECAST2 AUDIO x2. - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1. - PIONEER 717 & MODDED MF X10v3. - PROART AMP/BERESFORD TC-7240 SWITCHBOX. - WIN10 JRIVER21, AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC & CHROMECAST AUDIO DONGLE, POWERED BY LINEAR AND BATTERY PSU's - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - CARTS.. AT95S, SHURE M55E, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Justin.

The Foo Fighters perhaps?
    Conned through life.

I'm Simon.

Its just a buddhist monk prayer bowel on a wobbly stand. It'll make as much difference as a nice Paiste cymbal would.,
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) AC, USB controlled bi-phase Class A regenerator psu. Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Mdac, Muse 200, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Justin.

I must admit I was in a room at Munich that had one in it. It wasn't the best room oddly.
    Conned through life.

I'm Rich.

If you had a pair of them you could sit in between with a couple of hammers and have loadsa fun.
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit... It's the only way to be sure.

I'm Geoff.

I have had some success with this device: the Gazunder Resonator. Of course this is the standard undamped unit. The designers leave it to the user as to how much damping to apply!

gazunder resonator.jpg

I'm Geoff.

I've got an old dustbin lid in the garden that I could try. I'm sure it would be every bit as effective (at what quite, I don't know?)
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Deccas/Low output MC's/various SUT's/various arms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT/Swiss Idler jobs. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC, stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp/Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big and smaller dual concentric speakers and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I have had some success with this device: the Gazunder Resonator. Of course this is the standard undamped unit. The designers leave it to the user as to how much damping to apply!

gazunder resonator.jpg
    I recognise this, I believe it was the bog standard one, l can't tell from the photo, later ones were Harvest Gold.

I'm Neil.

Closest I have come to that - not heard the item being asked about - are the Synergistic Research Acoustic Art System http://www.synergisticresearch.com/acoustic-art-system/

Heard them put into a room, then taken out. I was very sceptical, they made a difference. I can't explain it and no it wasn't placebo. The difference, improvement was large and obvious.

Those taking the piss, go listen to the item in the OP then come back and share a valid opinion based on actually hearing it. If you haven't heard then I would suggest keeping snide, derisory comments to yourself.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast