+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hey!

I'm William.

Default Hey!

Hello,

My name is William and I joined because I am working at restoring some older audio equipment. This is my current job and I get all kinds of receivers/amplifiers and turntables coming at me and I was hoping to find some resources here!

Thanks!

I'm Geoff.

Hello William. Welcome to AOS.

Older and vintage equipment are popular here, so you may well be able to get some pointers.

Try starting threads in the Past Masters section or in the case of turntables, Analogue Arts and ask any questions you may have. We have some very knowledgeable members.

Tell us what music you listen to and what equipment line up you use yourself.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm William.

Heheh... well I currently don't own anything extra special - I got a Yamaha amp at home circa 2005 and a 5.1 speaker system that I bought with it.

It's been since working at my current/new job that I've been getting reacquainted with some of the great stuff out there!

Been working on components from the likes of Nakamichi, Luxman, Dual, Mitsubishi (did a full restore on a linear tracking turntable model Z-40), Toshiba, Lenco, Marantz, Cambridge Audio, Denon, Rotel, Bose, Oynko, Yamaha, Nad... and it goes on!

It has helped to identify some of the components that I do want - for example I recently worked on a Dual CS 5000 Turntable and I believe I'd like to own one of these!

Some of the tube amps that have come through sound amazing compared to the 'new' stuff and I'm still sorting out what'll be my first purchase for one of these.

Anyway it's been both fun and educational getting involved in this and I'm looking forward to everything else that I get exposed to while I'm servicing customers units.

Best regards,

William

I'm Geoff.

As you say William, it's fun hearing a variety of equipment and certainly helps in getting an idea of what appeals personally.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Deano.

Welcome William

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

I'm William.

Thanks

I'm brian.

Welcome from across the pond william, enjoy your stay here.

+ Reply to Thread