+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SRA and the search for holy grail otherwise known as 92°!

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by paulf-2007 View Post
    Red bull gives you wings? Don't get in a flap mate. Ok too many Christmas cracker jokes. Maybe some vodka with the red bull but don't over do it, I was working away and me and a mate went clubbing, jugs of red bull and vodka at £18 a jug....was a while back, worst hangover ever.
    Sounds awful,the thought of a hangover these days is enough to stop me drinking in the first place,I used to drink 2 cans of red bull a day plus coffee till I had palpitations and trouble breathing, after blood tests the dr told me I had a high potassium level and to stop the red bull etc,I have and sugar and felt great after 4 days, I was having a cheeky can just to remind myself just how bad it is pmsl!!!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

dunno how folk can drink that stuff. Find it revolting tbh. Real coffee on other hand is acceptable. good vodka by itself is good too, but it has to be really good these days
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alex.

Would love to have a go at this. It doesn't appear though that the scope used here is compatible with a Mac. Can anyone recommend a similar scope which is indeed Mac compatible?

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by alcarmichael View Post
    Would love to have a go at this. It doesn't appear though that the scope used here is compatible with a Mac. Can anyone recommend a similar scope which is indeed Mac compatible?
    I mentioned in an earlier post that in my experience these so called USB microscopes are really just webcams and are seen by the operating systems I use as pnp USB devices.

I knew the one I have (which looks just like the one used here and like most of the ones for sale on eBay at around £10) works on Windows with the (supplied) so called 'driver' and with Linux without any driver.

Well in response to your question I just plugged it into my MacBook Pro and it works there as well with no drivers or system configuration needed.

All I did on the Mac was to select the standard OSx PhotoBooth program, select Camera from the top program bar options bar then select 'USB camera' instead of the Built-in iSight camera - Bingo it works

On Windows the supplied driver only appears to be a simple photo/video capture program with some image manipulation much like Photo Booth. No doubt other Mac/Windows/Linux image capture programs can also be used.

Mel

I'm Geoff.

My USB microscope displays images well enough, but the software was being difficult about saving them to file for some reason. I got around that by saving the images as screenshots. Works for me.

I do any tweaking of the saved images with FastStone Image Viewer. It's free, comprehensive enough and works well.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm jamie.

i use solid edge software to draw the angle on the photo,its free.
    just got back with the 2m black so the microscopes out again!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Slav.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    i use solid edge software to draw the angle on the photo,its free.
    just got back with the 2m black so the microscopes out again!

How are you getting on with your new cartridge ?

I'm Adrian.

This fascinates and drives me nuts. Right now my SRA is off and it's my own fault. I've been very very happy with the sound of my Allearts for months now but for some reason decided that the arm was too high at the pivot and so dropped it about 5mm - stupid. The sound is not as focused as before and although I've raised the arm I can't seem to find that magical place. I know I will eventually, but it's a ball ache - for this reason I'm thinking of changing to an arm with easily adjusted VTA, a triplanar maybe - even though I love my wooden Elementum. I know about the business card trick but I want repeatable accuracy. Finding that sweet spot is essential to getting the most from your cart, especially those picky carts like the Allearts which must be at an exact vta, SRA and azimuth to be at their best - with no leeway.
    Adey

Edit. Bugger just when I make my mind up someone snaps up the triplanar on fleabay - serves me right for dithering.

Sent from my Aquaris E4.5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by farflungstar; 27-12-2016 at 20:44.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Mel.

How about an Audio Mods Rega based arm with that micrometer adjuster - should get it spot on with that !

I'm jamie.

well 4 hrs solid and i think im stopping here.some more tweaking of the counter weight tomorrow,the 2m black sounds very good indeed,better than my mc-25 but that could be down to the new diamond.

[IMG]2mb by .[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_1089 by jamie creighton, on Flickr[/IMG]

with that setting the cartridge/tonearm is dead level as recommended by ortofon,what are your 2m black settings gents,ive set my weight to 1.6g.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast