+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SRA and the search for holy grail otherwise known as 92°!

I'm jamie.

its the same as my one,i tried finding one from my original seller but they dont have any.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    That's interesting to know since the listing states specifically that it's not compatible with Windows 8, let alone 10.
    I just bought a similar device and I believe the 'compatibilty' relates to the use of the picture software supplied with it. The scope seems to be seen as a pnp webcam by the PC and most image software will see the scope and show the pictures. I just plugged it straight into a generic laptop running Linux Mint and the VLC Media Player I use picked up the camera input and let me take stills with no problem. I think the supplied software maybe lets you control the camera remotely and do some more fancy configuration where I have to manually set the magnification etc. You need plentry of patience and a steady hand to use/master these things - after a cuple of cans of red Bull mine would be flying across the room !

Mel

I'm jamie.

lol just when i had it right,it looks like i will be doing it all again tomoorow as ive just bought a 2m black
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    lol just when i had it right,it looks like i will be doing it all again tomoorow as ive just bought a 2m black
    Nice move Jamie especially as you're a man who seems to understand the importance of proper set up - Fabulous cart.
    Wait til you start going through your collection once you've nailed it - you wont be going to bed on a night

I'm jamie.

cheers rob,no red bull this time,from yours and other posts its a bit tricky to set up right but i will give it my best shot over a few days,it will be interesting to compare to the mc25 which i rate as the same if not slightly better than a nagaoka mp-500.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm James.

If you get the 2M black set up bang on you won't be disappointed.

I will be installing a new stylus in mine over the next couple of days. Not sure if it will affect the VTA being new? I expect the suspension must have moved a bit since I have had mine going for the last 3 years. Will be interesting to hear the difference between a 1800 hr stylus and brand new although it will probably need 50 hours on it to break in.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Slav.

Nice one Jamie , I'm certain you'll nail it , patience , patience and once again patience .
    I hope you'll enjoy it

I'm Mel.

Don't forget to document all your setup actions - I bought also bought a 2M Black and now need to fit it. I like your use of the scope and would like to try it. A couple of questions:
    1. Have you removed the clear plastic shroud from the front of the scope to allow the lens to get closer to the object and aid focusing?
    2. About what magnification are you using?
    3. About how far away from the cartridge is the front of your scope?

Mel

I'm paul.

Red bull gives you wings? Don't get in a flap mate. Ok too many Christmas cracker jokes. Maybe some vodka with the red bull but don't over do it, I was working away and me and a mate went clubbing, jugs of red bull and vodka at £18 a jug....was a while back, worst hangover ever.
    Bakoon 13r Denon DP80 Stax UA-70 Shure Ultra 500 in a Martin Bastin body with jico stylus, project ds2 digital Rullit aero 8 field coils in tqwt speakers

Office system, DIY CSS fullrange speakers with aurum cantus G2 ribbons yulong dac Sony STR6055 receiver Jvc QL-A51 direct drive turntable, Leema sub. JVC Z4S cart is in the house

Garage system another Sony receiver, cassette deck

System components are subject to change without warning and at the discretion of the owner.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    Don't forget to document all your setup actions - I bought also bought a 2M Black and now need to fit it. I like your use of the scope and would like to try it. A couple of questions:
    1. Have you removed the clear plastic shroud from the front of the scope to allow the lens to get closer to the object and aid focusing?
    2. About what magnification are you using?
    3. About how far away from the cartridge is the front of your scope?

Mel
    Yes for sure,
    In answer to your questions
    1. Yes I did remove it,
    2. I've not got a clue,I just got the scope as close as the focus would allow,
    3.i would gues at about 10mm
    Hope that helps ��
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast