+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SRA and the search for holy grail otherwise known as 92°!

I'm Deano.

A better close up

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk
    Last edited by British high fidelity; 31-12-2016 at 05:44.

I'm Slav.

Deano , you need to place camera at the right angle to the stylus , your camera seems to be bit behind/above stylus and it looks like azimuth is way out and rake angle below 90°
    Usually top of the cartridge parallel to record surface is a good place to start with , I find clear ruler to be quite helpful

I'm Deano.

Ok i understand problem is im taking the pics with a smartphone camera and trying to stabalize and get close if pretty much impossible maybe i need to get a usb microscope

I'm Deano.

i will try again later to get a level picture, thanks for the advice Mac

I'm Peter.

Hi Deano

If you are using the Io in your avatar, then I found the one I had to be one of the least fussy cartridges I've ever owned .... very easy to tune by ear ime. Mine worked perfectly with the arm parallel and at 2grams.

At the other extreme, the 2M Black drove me nuts, to the point of abandoning the wretched thing. It really was the most frustrating cartridge I've ever owned.

I'm Deano.

unfortunately the cartridge is a clearaudio maestro and its not to difficult as its on an sme arm but i need a better way of viewing the alignment details as by just eyes its near impossible

I'm Robert.

[QUOTE=petrat;818849]Hi Deano

If you are using the Io in your avatar, then I found the one I had to be one of the least fussy cartridges I've ever owned .... very easy to tune by ear ime. Mine worked perfectly with the arm parallel and at 2grams.

At the other extreme, the 2M Black drove me nuts, to the point of abandoning the wretched thing. It really was the most frustrating cartridge I've ever owned.[/QUOTE]

Been there too many times and frustration at times is putting it mildly BUT !, once nailed - JOY in caps !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345