+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mcintosh MC275

I'm Grant.

look pretty good to me. not seen any i wouldnt give houseroom to
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Jez.

It measures as state of the art for a valve power amp in 2016.... and was designed early '60's! Respect due to Mac electronic engineers if not stylists....
    The yank answer to Radford in terms of THD, bandwidth, damping factor etc.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Chris.

I had a MC225 many years ago and was not overly impressed. They are rather like Harley Davidsons, in that they have built a reputation through skilful marketing but are not really that good.

I'm Jez.

I'll agree on the HD's! The MC225 I'd never come across but the specs are excellent and there are rave reviews elsewhere.... one man's meat?
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Slav.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpy View Post
    I had a MC225 many years ago and was not overly impressed. They are rather like Harley Davidsons, in that they have built a reputation through skilful marketing but are not really that good.
    As with every audio component is a matter of personal taste , I used to own AR Reference 110 and couldn't get on with it , probably bad amplifier-speakers combination .Prior to MA2275 I had MC402 and in my new little room it was little bit too much , swapped for Manley Snappers and they didn't click , finally went for 2275 and it was it , it must been 7 years since and no itch for change .Audition is a must , is hard to advice without knowing your preferences and accompanying equipment , matching specs to your preamp and speakers would be my first step .

I'm Shane.

Slav,

Is the 2275 auto-bias?

S.

I'm Slav.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Slav,

Is the 2275 auto-bias?

S.
    Yes , output is self-biasing , you can also use KT88 or 6550 .
    Since I bought it I had one failure but it was my fault , I bought tubes from China , didn't think about testing them and they blew protection resistors and transistor .I ordered all parts through McIntosh , received within couple of weeks and it cost just few £ , apart from that nothing ever happened .
    MA2275 sports fairly decent MM (47k , 47pF) phono stage as well ( 2x Ecc83) , amplifier is rated 75W but measures close to 90W ,
    volage amplifier based on 2xEcc83
    phase splitter 2xEcc81 - I do prefer 6201 from Valvo(Amperex,Philips)
    2,4,8 ohm speaker taps
    you can ran it from separate pre-amp if you wish
    one thing to remember and it applies to all tube amps damping factor is quite low(greater than 18 published)

I'm Slav.

Real life photos , meter back lights on and off , not the best quality (mobile phone)

I'm Slav.

Shane, if you travel this way in the future you're welcome to pop in and have a listen , mind you I'm on holiday till 16th of January and working mostly away from home so I'm afraid weekends only.

I'm Shane.

Stunning looking amp!

I'm not very keen on travelling much, thanks to my dodgy ankles! Also, I don't drive either.

But thanks for the invitation, Slav.

S.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast