+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rick Parfitt 1948 - 2016

I'm Dan.

Default Rick Parfitt 1948 - 2016

Another one has been taken RIP rick.....

Official Facebook statement from Quo:

Statement from The Parfitt Family & Status Quo Manager, Simon Porter.

We are truly devastated to have to announce that Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has passed away at lunchtime today.
    He died in hospital in Marbella, Spain as a result of a severe infection, having been admitted to hospital on Thursday evening following complications to a shoulder injury incurred by a previous fall.
    This tragic news comes at a time when Rick was hugely looking forward to launching a solo career with an album and autobiography planned for 2017 following his departure from Status Quo’s touring activities on medical advice.
    He will be sorely missed by his family, friends, fellow band members, management, crew and his dedicated legion of fans from throughout the world, gained through 50 years of monumental success with Status Quo.
    Rick is survived by his wife Lyndsay, their twins Tommy and Lily and Rick’s adult children Rick Jnr and Harry.
    No further comment will be made at this time and Rick's family, and the band, ask for their privacy to be respected at this difficult time.
    Main System: Musical Fidelity E100 Amplifier & Musical Fidelity E50 Tuner & Pioneer PD S505 Precision CD Player & Technics SB CS-50 Speakers + Linn Interconnects & Van Den Hul The Wind hybrid Speaker Cable
    Vinyl -
    Rega Planer 2 with Rega Britain Green 250 Tonearm & Upgraded Van Den Hul Oil Bearing & Ortofon Super OM-10 & Roksan R Mat 5.

Second System:
    Technics - SU-C909U Pre-Amplifier & SE-A909S Power Amplifier & Technics ST-GT 1000 Tuner & Marantz CD67 Original SE CD player & Thorens TD-125 MK1 Turntable & SME 3009 Series 1 & Shure V15 Type II Cartridge & SME 2000 Plinth & Technics SB R3 Speakers

Night/Test Vinyl System:
    Teleton 206B Amp , Tannoy CPA5 Speakers , Technics SLJ110R , Technics ST933L Tuner.

I'm Grant.

Saw that on the bbc.. shame, i liked Quo. Always knew what you would get. Been a very bad year
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.6- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. BERESFORD SWITCHBOX. - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - TANDBERG TCD310 - CARTS.. AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm Steve.

2016 claims another

He will be missed.

I saw the Quo in Stockholm about 1987. They were great.
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Digital CD spinner, Serious USB->I2S streaming, ADC / DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of counterweights, tonearm boards, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below
    http://fosworld.wix.com/magna-audio

I'm martin.

RIP Rick, hoping for a better 2017.
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

I'm Robert.

The name, the music, the hair, the energy, guitars, Rick Parfitt......
    I didnt buy the music but they were part of the landscape of my childhood to present, thought they'd be around for ever.
    A sad day - RIP Rick Parfitt

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

RIP Rick,
    Another from my childhood gone.
    This year I fear' is going to go down in history for all the wrong reasons.
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

I'm Shaun.

Back in '87 my first six string electric was a blonde Telecaster purely due to these guys.

Massive respect.
    Nottingham Analogue Interspace deck - Funk Firm Achromat - Origin Live Onyx tonearm - Denon DL103
    Marantz CD6005 into an Audiolab M-DAC latest Lake West firmware

Prima Luna Prologue 3 preamplifier - Rothwell MC Headamp
    Prima Luna Dialogue Premium power amp EL34

B&W CM8 S2 loudspeakers

Van Den Hul Teatrack biwired loudspeaker cables
    Atlas Hyper MkII interconnects
    QED Reference Audio 40 on phono stages
    Grado SR125e headphones

I'm Nodrog.

As noted, this year is becoming a disaster area.

I have always thought it a shame that Quo have been so roundly mocked. OK the music is not exactly the deepest, intellectually demanding stuff I've ever heard but it's a whole load of fun. Because even I can play the chords - all two of them - it's great to join in too.

Strange he should die of an infection, after all his heart attacks, I assumed it would be that again. Sad. RIP.

I'm Neil.

Not a Quo fan, but a sad day for his family, friends and the world of Rock music.

RIP Rick.
    Regards Neil

I'm Jez.

Could never stand Quo but a presence in the background sounds of my life... RIP.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast