+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speaker switch

I'm Phil.

Default Speaker switch

I am currently using a QED speaker switch to switch between a pair of speakers In My living room and kitchen. It works well but is not particularly well built as the inputs at the back keep coming away from the casing. Can anyone recommend a solidly built speaker switch with binding posts to take banana plugs/spades? It will need the option to play one or both sets of speakers at the same time.

Thanks,
    Phil

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yep, Stan Beresford sells one-

http://www.homehifi.co.uk/S/selector.htm
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Yep, Stan Beresford sells one-

http://www.homehifi.co.uk/S/selector.htm
    Looks good. Do you know if both sets of speakers can be used at the same time?

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by MarginWalker View Post
    Looks good. Do you know if both sets of speakers can be used at the same time?
    The specs on his site say yes.

Have you thought of making one yourself? Pretty straighforward!

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Steadman View Post
    The specs on his site say yes.

Have you thought of making one yourself? Pretty straighforward!
    I'd like to give it a go, the one issue with the Beresford box is that it is a bit on the large side so it would be good to make one myself in a smaller box Do you know of any where I can get a guide to try a DIY one?

I'm Nodrog.

I'd like to give it a go, the one issue with the Beresford box is that it is a bit on the large side so it would be good to make one myself in a smaller box Do you know of any where I can get a guide to try a DIY one?
    Nope but I'm sure someone will give you chapter and verse. 4mm sockets common on eBay. An old defunct amplifier would give you a suitable switch - I had loads before our recent clearout - and any box big enough to take the sockets on the back will do!

I'm Neil.

It's a very small box.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'd like to give it a go, the one issue with the Beresford box is that it is a bit on the large side so it would be good to make one myself in a smaller box
    Big? How small a box were you thinking on having then?

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Big? How small a box were you thinking on having then?
    It is just the width that is the issue as I have vey limited space. The QED box I have at the moment is only about 100mm wise but a bit taller than your box. I suppose I could sit my Bushmaster 2 on top of it. Are they the same depth?

I suppose I could sit my Bushmaster 2 on top of it. Are they the same depth?
    Almost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast