+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: World Audio Designs 300b monoblocks

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Ah ok, interesting, can't be too many pairs of these around. I have a set of the parallel SE ones. Good amps, with high quality transformers. Lot of amp for the money here folks.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Peter.

What do the 'PSE' letters stand for in relation to the WAD 300B Jake..? Are these PSE versions..?
    Peter McCullough Photography
    ------------------------------------------
    TRAVEL - EXPLORE - CAPTURE

lordmortlock Guest

There is a Parallel single ended (PSE) version Peter but this is the Push Pull model.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Ah ok, interesting, can't be too many pairs of these around. I have a set of the parallel SE ones. Good amps, with high quality transformers. Lot of amp for the money here folks.
    I still remember how good yours sounded on my Rega speakers Ali.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye they did sound rather nice.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

lordmortlock Guest

Thanks Ali. I paid a good deal more but market seems sticky, so thought I'd be sensible.

I'm Peter.

Oh crap ... must not buy any more amplifiers, must not buy any more amplifiers, must not ...

Anyway, for those who don't know, the guy who sold these to Jake, David Coe, offers assembly/repair/modification services for valve amps, and is thoroughly recommended. In particular, he is a renowned expert in the World Design amps, and as these were his personal amps, they will be pretty much the bees-knees. Jake is great to deal with too

I'm Adrian.

One of the disadvantages of living in the sun is missing out on things like this!!

Sent from my Aquaris E4.5 using Tapatalk
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Worth coming over for..

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Peter.

Worth coming over for..
    Yes, we can introduce you to storm Barbara

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast