Thread: Moode help please

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    Tim,

Thanks for your offer of help.

1. BTHUB4
    2. usb1
    3. Music

I've tried loading this info into the set up, but the page won't reload on trying to save. looking at my 'BT HOME HUB MANAGER PAGE' I can see the Pi keeps disconnecting.

Cheers,

Bill.
    Hi Bill,

Generally, routers mount USB drives by their disk label, share the drive using Samba (SMB/CIFS) and they usually have an option of whether to require a userid/password for access.

Using your info the connection path would look something like below:

PC: z: --> \\BTHUB4\usb1\Music
    Mac: cifs://BTHUB4/usb1/Music

In Moode NAS config

Source name: <a friendly name like Music or MyMusic>
    Fileshare protocol: SMB/CIFS
    IP address: <the ip address of BTHUB4 router>
    Remote directory: usb1/Music
    Userid: <either the admin id of the router or a dummy id like aaa>
    Password: <either the admin password of the router or a dummy password like bbb>

-Tim

I'm Mike.

If it's a BT Smart hub then that might your problem, I had to go back to using my Asus router as the BT smart hub kept changing the IP address of my Pi.

Even setting a static IP didn't help.

As soon as I went back to my old router everything showed up fine.

I'm Bill.

Thanks for your help fellas! I'm in the doghouse this morning for spending too much time on this yesterday and not doing my Christmas jobs, so will have to lie low for the time being. Once I get a min I'll try what you have suggested Tim and report back.

Cheers,

Bill

I'm Mike.

Here is the MoOde setup guide, you might have followed it already but just in case....

http://moodeaudio.org/docs/readme.txt

If all else fails, pull the plug on it to reboot as I find that doing a restart from within the setup menu doesn't always work as intended.

This might help you find it in your network.

To find out if it is on the network use FING app if you have access to a smartphone. Then note the IP address of your Pi, take note if it changes at all during setup, my BT router caused all sorts of issues with my Pi. A reboot of router might help rediscover the Pi too.

I'm Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    If it's a BT Smart hub then that might your problem, I had to go back to using my Asus router as the BT smart hub kept changing the IP address of my Pi.

Even setting a static IP didn't help.

As soon as I went back to my old router everything showed up fine.
    Normally you can reserve an IP address on your router to stop it being allocated to another device after its lease ends,
    (this is different to a static IP address). However, this doesn't guarantee the device will retain its reserved address. This is where a true NAS has benefits. They can normally be configured to ask for a specific IP (the reserved one) rather than relying on the auto allocation process.

Mel
    Last edited by Cycleallday; 26-12-2016 at 00:13.

I'm Mel.

This is a question for Tim.
    If the USB drive is plugged into the Router then does it not use the routers IP address in the Moode configuration file as it is simply an extension of the router? The drive name/folder/etc details are then entered in the rest of the NAS configuration entry. I have just ditched BT in favour of cable so cannot test this out myself. If I get time I will try to test by adding a USB device to my new cable router (But as its only been in 24 hrs I need to work out how the new router config process works first)

Mel

I'm Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Cycleallday View Post
    This is a question for Tim.
    If the USB drive is plugged into the Router then does it not use the routers IP address in the Moode configuration file as it is simply an extension of the router? The drive name/folder/etc details are then entered in the rest of the NAS configuration entry. I have just ditched BT in favour of cable so cannot test this out myself. If I get time I will try to test by adding a USB device to my new cable router (But as its only been in 24 hrs I need to work out how the new router config process works first)

Mel
    Hi,

Yes. For example if your Router Ip address is 192.168.1.1 then this is what you would enter in Moode NAS config.

The entry in Remote directory depends on how your Router creates the Samba share for the USB drive. Generally it would create a share named after the USB drives disk label.

Its always best to first establish a connection from PC or Mac to the USB drive on the Router then use that connection string to figure out what to enter in Remote directory.

-Tim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12