+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner 2049

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    Some films are works of art, remaking them is like repainting the Mona lisa.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick here. It's not a remake. It's a sequel.

I'm Steve.

Mate was one of the Art Directors on this......I have his word that I will like it and thats good enough for me. Strange that I rarely see him much these days since he began working on movies. He is a couple of years older than I and I remember him driving us to see the Original Blade Runner in one of the old cinemas in Belfast. We sat with our jaws on the floor until the credits had finished and promptly bought tickets to sit through the whole thing again.

All these year later and he is working as one of the art directors......he popped in last Christmas for a coffee.....bedecked in a BR 2049 bomber jacket....to say I was jealous is understatement.

I'm not caring that Vangelis hasn't done the music....he's done very little for a long long time.

I am massively looking forward to it!
    Steve

Never let anything cause you to doubt your ability to demonstrate the truth.

I'm Hugh.

I'm Martin.

I generally trust The Guardian to review it well but I dont get involved in the build up until I have seen the film for myself.

This one might take longer to hit the bucket bargain bins

I'm Steve.

Stunning! Saw it on Fri in Maxx which is the chav little sister of iMaxxx which we don't have here in N. Ireland.

Just amazing..suspend your disbelief and suck it all in....it is beautiful....a big step up from the original which was perfect.
    Steve

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by zygote23 View Post
    ....a big step up from the original..........
    Wow, high praise indeed. I am so looking forward to seeing it now. The Trailers, I think, look amazing and piqued my interest from the first time I saw them. Such a big fan of the first film, I can't wait 'till this latest comes out on Blu-Ray (and the Director says what will be on the first release of DVD/Blu-Ray will be his 'final cut' thankfully !! Such a shame with the first one with all the different versions).

Jim.

I'm Jerry.

Pay the extra for the Imax experience, well worth it. We went into Liverpool last night to watch it and it is a stunning visual treat as well as a good story line. You have probably seen the trailers with the massive holographic naked ladies walking down the streets. Afterwards my mate said "they'd be nice to look up to".
    My wife wasn't too fussed on the original but loved 2049 as it has a better story. It has everything really- it respects the original, moves the story on, paints a picture of what the world could become (and its not nice) but has the artistic flair of Ridley Scott's direction.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Justin.

Going to see it tonight in 4K 3D.

Amazingly I booked the seat yesterday in a less than half booked room in the centre of Bristol.

Maybe that is a reflection of the poor takings in America. People refuse to believe it will be good.

I'm Justin.

That said I have just been reading the original was a box office flop too.

I'm Steve.

Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast