UFO and Blake's 7 - the two finest sci-fi shows ever, IMHO.

Both low-budget, bleak, dystopian and completely character driven and - more important than anything - extremely dark yet often funny.

I once met Avon (Paul Darrow) when I worked for Virgin on Oxford Street and he was camp as Christmas - a proper luvvie. Really nice guy who didn't mind talking about the show and even shot me "that look" at one point as if to prove he could still be Avon if he wanted to be ..
I also got to have a play with one of the original guns from the show when guesting on a local radio station down here. One of the jocks used to work at the Beeb and he managed to pilfer it, complete with curly phone cord

Getting back to the point about the "future" not being realistic given that the new Blade Runner is only set in 2049, I would ask the poster to remember that it's a fictional universe in which we already have replicants round about now, given the original was set in 2019. So a leap through - presumably, though it's not explained - a nuclear war that ravages the west coast of the USA and on to the slum conditions of a new Los Angeles isn't so far removed is it ??
Look at Grenfell. Imagine a city full of places like that and sadly you're already there ..