Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner 2049

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Have you not seen it at all yet Gaz?
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Looking forward to seeing it in 4K.
    Avoided (mostly) anything other than the first reveal trailer, so going in pretty cold.

Movie night booked in February when it comes out, double feature back to back Blade Runner then 2049.
    Getting the popcorn in!
    The trailers are useful for explaining the characters
    Hope your watching it in an imax theater.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Gary.

Missed its run at the Cinema Jerry unfortunately, best I can do is the 4k version at home, shouldnt be too bad.

Never seen it Tim, deliberately avoided all reviews when I could.
    Couple of things leaked out (dammit) but still going in pretty cold.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Ah, that's a shame. I'm sure you'll still enjoy it, but on a 200m˛ screen with dual 4K projectors and Dolby Atmos, it's almost overwhelming it's so good. You are totally lost in the experience. First time I saw it I was so gob-smacked I went straight back in for the next showing! Never done that before.

Maybe sit 2 feet from the screen with headphones on in a totally dark room, that should get you there

Amazing you have managed to miss all the spoilers, that must have taken some doing.

(they all die in the end and the butler did it )

I'm Gary.

Tim You spoliery bastard...

Ive seen Blade Runner literally 50+ times and still enjoy it, hence my holding off for the sequel to probably one of my top 3 films.
    Bummed out I never saw it in Imax, that’ll teach me...look back on the films I DID see and say yup...that Cinema classic, I SAW that in the Cinema!

Interstellar?
    Saw that 3 times in Imax the same day....knew I was seeing something significant.
    Should have made fhe effort with 2049.

That was good, but nothing on seeing Donner’s Superman when it came out...I believed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Ah, that's a shame. I'm sure you'll still enjoy it, but on a 200m˛ screen with dual 4K projectors and Dolby Atmos, it's almost overwhelming it's so good. You are totally lost in the experience. First time I saw it I was so gob-smacked I went straight back in for the next showing! Never done that before.

Maybe sit 2 feet from the screen with headphones on in a totally dark room, that should get you there

Amazing you have managed to miss all the spoilers, that must have taken some doing.

(they all die in the end and the butler did it )
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Grant.

Got the bluray on order too. Forgot when it comes out but looking forward to it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Tim You spoliery bastard...

Ive seen Blade Runner literally 50+ times and still enjoy it, hence my holding off for the sequel to probably one of my top 3 films.
    Bummed out I never saw it in Imax, that’ll teach me...look back on the films I DID see and say yup...that Cinema classic, I SAW that in the Cinema!

Hah yes there is something in that.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Do we really need to see things on a giant cinema screen? Whats wrong with a 50" HD flatscreen with the headphones on? Get the lighting in the room right and its really immersive.

I dont believe you can take everything in on a cinema screen and you need the best seats. The sound may be on an epic scale but its all too much sometimes

Nice glass of refreshment with home comfort and nobody else bothering you. Anyway when it comes to the bargain bins I will be picking it up
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 25-01-2018 at 23:44.

I'm Hugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel SE View Post
    Do we really need to see things on a giant cinema screen?

Yes! A thousand times yes!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by narabdela View Post
    Yes! A thousand times yes!
    +1

Yup, some films just don't have the same impact at home, no matter what you do. But, it's very film dependent, for some films it makes no odds. Films like Blade Runner 2049 however, most definitely, with bells on. On an IMAX it's overwhelming. The scale of both it's visual impact and the sound scape it creates is visceral - not been so moved by a film in ages. I get the best seats too, as I always prebook.

As much as some people can't understand why it's important, I don't understand why they don't get it. If you're not that into films though, then stay at home. Some folk are just lazy or don't like crowds, which I also understand, my mates wife loves films but going to the cinema stresses her out - each to their own. Some films with a live audience are much more enjoyable because of the reaction.

I enjoy live experiences, be that concerts, theatre or films - I'll keep on getting that buzz until I'm too old/unable to enjoy it, then I'll stay at home with my pipe and slippers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast