+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ZXY Bloom R50 MC Review

Bigman80 Guest

👍

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Slav.

Try to increase tracking force as well it does improve detail and tightens low frequencies , I find 2.15 gram to work best (when it comes to my cartridge/arm combo) , anything lower than 2 gram makes everything bit loose on the border of mistracking .

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Alan quite generously offered to adjust my loading to 220ohms on the amp.

I am so glad he did. WOW! You are right on the money. The stage is now wide open. Sounds like I've had my ears cleaned. Very revealing. Spacious and alive. Wow. I only had time for one side of an LP but what a side it was!.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mac72 View Post
    Try to increase tracking force as well it does improve detail and tightens low frequencies , I find 2.15 gram to work best (when it comes to my cartridge/arm combo) , anything lower than 2 gram makes everything bit loose on the border of mistracking .
    Ok, I'm going to apply a 3g blob of blue tack and I'll increase the tracking weight. Bit of experimentation.

Bigman80 Guest

Increased the tracking weight to 2g and it slams !!!! Seriously deep bass and it really extends into the depths of hell!!! Erm ok, that was a bit dramatic but wow. I am completely overwhelmed by how good this thing is.

I'm Geoff.

That's 'cos you went about it the right way. You simply cannot use a ZYX (or any other good MC) into an inadequate phono stage or even worse, a cheap SUT.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    That's 'cos you went about it the right way. You simply cannot use a ZYX (or any other good MC) into an inadequate phono stage or even worse, a cheap SUT.
    Well at the minute I'm using my modified 220ohm MC stage in the Sony. I can't believe how good it sounds. The Fidelity Research is on my shelf 🤔

I'm Slav.

Try to dial in VTA now , there is a horizontal line near the bottom of cartridge, keep it parallel to the record surface instead of trying to line up your arm , at 2grams it should bring SRA to 92 degrees (in my case half degree below).If you have azimuth adjustment is worth to try as well , when you get it right it improves channel separation.
    Enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Increased the tracking weight to 2g and it slams !!!! Seriously deep bass and it really extends into the depths of hell!!! Erm ok, that was a bit dramatic but wow. I am completely overwhelmed by how good this thing is.

Bigman80 Guest

Try to dial in VTA now , there is a horizontal line near the bottom of cartridge, keep it parallel to the record surface instead of trying to line up your arm , at 2grams it should bring SRA to 92 degrees (in my case half degree below).If you have azimuth adjustment is worth to try as well , when you get it right it improves channel separation.
    Enjoy
    Ok, I'll have a look.

Bigman80 Guest

VTA is perfect if judging by the line on the cartridge. A fluke more than judgment and azimuth seems to be rather close to perfect too. I am now tracking at 2g and I think the fine tuning has made a difference. Channel separation is amazing, bass is slamming so much my door is rattling and everything just seems to be working. The 220ohm loading sounds better than any other I've tried too. This cartridge is top class. Pulled out an album I haven't played for about a year and it's so good now. Didn't sound bad before but now it's really good.

I'm Ian.

I've been using a Zyx R50 Bloom for quite a while now and I agree that it is an excellent cartridge. Previous cartridges include the more expensive Kontrapunkt B and Lyra Lydian beta but I think I prefer the Zyx because it's so unfussy and natural. Totally agree that it needs at least 2gm tracking force and it is sensitive to VTA - not in a bad way but you can tune in a bit more bass or treble if you want though I prefer it flat. Excellent choice Oliver!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast