+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ZXY Bloom R50 MC Review

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    So you're still having fun then Oliver?

The Missions are quite revealing of cartridge character and show up inadequacies rather well. The Bloom should sound pretty nice with them.

Merry Christmas!
    I am Geoff. Been looking at mission 773 freedoms because I'm so impressed with the 780se. Outstanding little speaker. Managed to make room for floorstanders so that's my next purchase in the new year.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

I'm not a fan of the 773 model. Did you mean the 770 Freedom? The Freedoms are OK, but would not be on my shopping list.

The super little 780SE's are one of those rare things that are just greater than the sum of their parts.

My tip is to find a way of getting Bev's System 800's. 94db sensitivity and they kick ass without any nasties, smooth and very detailed. Amazing imaging. You'd be knocked out by how good they are. But that's just my view of course, others may differ. (I have owned a few pairs though)

Last edited by walpurgis; 24-12-2016 at 19:34.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

I'm not a fan of the 773 model. Did you mean the 770 Freedom? The Freedoms are OK, but would not be on my shopping list.

The super little 780SE's are one of those rare things that are just greater than the sum of their parts.

My tip is to find a way of getting Bev's System 800's. 94db sensitivity and they kick ass without any nasties, smooth and very detailed. Amazing imaging. You'd be knocked out by how good they are. But that's just my view of course, others may differ. (I have owned a few pairs though)

Hmm, fair enough. I'll look into those tannoys. Was thinking BIGGER lol

I'm Grant.

the tannoys are decent sized. good driver in them, and can happily be sat on side too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robert.

[QUOTE=walpurgis;817249]I'm not a fan of the 773 model. Did you mean the 770 Freedom? The Freedoms are OK, but would not be on my shopping list.

Surely tis my Mission 752 Freedoms you speak of

Bigman80 Guest

[QUOTE=RobbieGong;817274]

Surely tis my Mission 752 Freedoms you speak of
    Nope, not a typo but am also liking the look of the 752. What's your opinion on them

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Nope, not a typo but am also liking the look of the 752. What's your opinion on them
    They're OK. One of Mission's better efforts. I didn't think they were desperately dynamic, but pleasant enough.

Ask Shane if you want another opinion. He's had them and the System 800's.

I have to admit. I'm not really that keen on most Missions, the 780SE is an exception.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

They're OK. One of Mission's better efforts. I didn't think they were desperately dynamic, but pleasant enough.

I have to admit. I'm not really that keen on most Missions, the 780SE is an exception.
    Hhmm. Maybe he'll chime in.

I'm Robert.

Naturally dynamic I would say, definitely not 'desperately' dynamic, they are not in your face and do not impose themselves on you,
    they just let the music flow in that natural organic way.
    I can listen to them endlessly without fatigue which makes each session a pleasure.
    Musical, detailed and lovely in the mids, vocals and instruments sound right, include great imaging too.
    Bass is tight and punchy rather than lowest frequency, earthshakingly deep the 6.5 inch mid bass driver does a great job all things considered.
    With every upgrade they just communicate back to you, revealing more. I find these humble speakers to be totally unfazed by big company in the chain.
    In my view they are a true hi fidelity speaker and an absolute audiophile bargain.
    I play soul, reggae, jazz, Steely Dan etc and they never cease to do the bizz for me everytime.
    This is in the context of small - medium sized room.
    This owner of 18 years @ 2014 sums up my sentiments to a T http://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/th...51091079905084

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Naturally dynamic I would say, definitely not 'desperately' dynamic, they are not in your face and do not impose themselves on you,
    they just let the music flow in that natural organic way.
    I can listen to them endlessly without fatigue which makes each session a pleasure.
    Musical, detailed and lovely in the mids, vocals and instruments sound right, include great imaging too.
    Bass is tight and punchy rather than lowest frequency, earthshakingly deep the 6.5 inch mid bass driver does a great job all things considered.
    With every upgrade they just communicate back to you, revealing more. I find these humble speakers to be totally unfazed by big company in the chain.
    In my view they are a true hi fidelity speaker and an absolute audiophile bargain.
    I play soul, reggae, jazz, Steely Dan etc and they never cease to do the bizz for me everytime.
    This is in the context of small - medium sized room.
    This owner of 18 years @ 2014 sums up my sentiments to a T http://forums.naimaudio.com/topic/th...51091079905084
    I do like the look of them and it's nice to see them highly thought of. I'll be keeping my eyes open for some

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678