+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiting for the Truth

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    True, but if it is more transparent it could be showing up a problem that was previously masked, as Adrian suggested.
    Indeed, or being new needs settling in time.
    Regards Neil

I'm Grant.

If there is nothing in the signal path, whats to settle in, bar the listeners ears.?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    If there is nothing in the signal path, whats to settle in, bar the listeners ears.?
    I would still think cabling, solder etc, but as there is virtually nothing on this design I have no idea really if it would benefit from run in. I personally think passives can cause issues and spotlighting and tonal thinness are among those issues.

Done a search and the lack of anything out there regarding this, even the makers single page is woefully inadequate in my opinion. According to a thread on Audio Karma lack of gain can be an issue

And according to the maker, using it, it gets better.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

'Spotlighting'?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

'Spotlighting'?
    Yes like video edge definition on a TV, details in music stick out like the contrast is way too high. Like someone is shining a spotlight on them.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Yes like video edge definition on a TV, details in music stick out like the contrast is way too high. Like someone is shining a spotlight on them.
    Again this could be the case of increased transparency showing up colourations further up the chain. There's no reason a passive would be the cause of this, it should be more faithful to the source, at least in theory. Not had this issue with any passive I have tried.
    Current Lash Up:

RothwellAudio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    I personally think passives can cause issues and spotlighting and tonal thinness are among those issues.
    Are you thinking this is a passive preamp? As far as I'm aware it is an active preamp.

I'm Martin.

It needs mains power to work but if there is nothing in the signal path it can't be adding any gain, which makes it passive, doesn't it?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    Are you thinking this is a passive preamp? As far as I'm aware it is an active preamp.
    As I can't see what it is exactly I was taking others cue regarding what it was.
    Regards Neil

RothwellAudio Guest

It needs mains power to work but if there is nothing in the signal path it can't be adding any gain, which makes it passive, doesn't it?
    No, having no voltage gain doesn't make it passive. Buffers are active and have current gain.
    As an aside, transformers can have voltage gain, but they are passive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast