Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Profiting from forum sales

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    They are not sold yet grant, turns out the guy who bought them lives in Northumberland, it clearly states collection only in my add and he's being a dick and wants to cancel the sale saying I didn't realise they were that big!
    Sure they will eventually go. Quite rare things, and worth keeping if you cannot get price you want.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

I have bought and sold a few items on here and have not made any profit out of anyone when I've sold something. I have had a lot of advice and spent wisely and think I've always paid a fair price. What I like about the forum is the trust. I don't doubt anyone I buy from on here. There is no doubt in my mind it will be as described and will arrive. It would be a shame if someone created a doubt about that aspect

In relation to sales on eBay: are you taking the cost of the sale ie eBay fees and PayPal fees when you quote a 30-50% profit ?

If people are taking advantage of low sale prices on here and deliberately selling them on at a profit then that's a business.

The spirit of the forum should be honoured in my humble opinion.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

It's things bought on ebay and sold on here for more, so no fees payable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    It's things bought on ebay and sold on here for more, so no fees payable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah, i see. Yes I've re read it. I am currently struck down with man flu so you'll have to forgive me.

Still my sentiment on protecting the integrity of the forum is valid.

I'm Rich.

Aye, I reckon there's a few on here picking up bargains then punting them on fleabay for a margin. I don't like it but if the seller here is happy to take the money offered and it shifts the kit then so be it.

I'd be really surprised at people being able to make a buck by buying on fleabay and flogging here though. Most here are reasonably savvy punters as well as tight gits so you'd be doing well to make any money that way. Not a business I'd want to be in as it's hard enough moving decent kit at forum friendly prices nevermind trying to get a margin.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Lawrence.

Default Profiting from forum sales

Repeated in error

I'm Dan.

Surely if something was bought from eBay should it not be at current market value thus no profit to be made anywhere?

Their a bargains out their depending on what your looking for in anything from Cars / Antiques anything. I guess the thing is to know your market chaps so say the Dali speakers i have listed currently normaly go in the region of £130 to 50 on ebay but i have marked them @ £100 here. I cant sell decent kit and the moment pretty much anyone on the forum can vouch in the same experience.

The same goes for gumtree say the SL-1210 i missed earlier in the year @ £55 the seller is still trying to selling it at £450 on gumtree and eBay.

I love this forum for the selling side and everything else i no longer use the Wam because of fees
    Receiver
    Marantz 2225
    CD Transport & DAC & PSU
    Marantz 6005 , Beresford Caiman , Paul Hynes SR4
    Turntable
    KAM DDX 1000 with Goldring G800 Cartridge
    Loudspeakers
    Mordaunt Short M10

I'm Andy.

Ebay seems to be the place where things sell for top dollar. Forums tend to be a place where you get bargains from enthusiasts who don't want the hassle and fees of EBay. Anyone making a big profit from buying on EBay and selling here would appear to swimming against a strong tide IMO. Good luck making a business out of it.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

If I sell stuff here that I bought here, it goes for the same or less. Not really bothered if some make a few quid here or there - it's caveat emptor, caveat venditor - but if folk are regularly taking the piss, that's another matter IMO.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Ah, i see. Yes I've re read it. I am currently struck down with man flu so you'll have to forgive me.

Still my sentiment on protecting the integrity of the forum is valid.

I know there's a post limit to put off Johnny come lately buyers and sellers just signing up to take advantage but maybe there's a case for increasing the number of posts they need to have made to qualify, or a credibility score of some kind.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast