+ Reply to Thread

Thread: London calling

I'm Michael.

Default London calling

Morning all, thought I'd say a quick hello here before jumping in with a question

From the 80's I messed around with separates Marantz PM750DC amp, Mission 707 speakers and Marantz 6100 TT basic stuff it seemed at the time although I got a good deal on the speakers

Recently got back into vinyl and the pleasure it brings, my hobby in the 80's stayed there I remember a few names and happy to see a lot of them still around lasting the test of time. I'll post my questions and see how it goes, I'm starting where I left off, newbie!

Michael

I'm Michael.

Should add my music taste is varied, dance music is a general term but early house, late disco, disco, Northern and Southern soul, some rock/metal, bit of jazz, some classical, 80's synth pop

I was looking for a more UK biased forum as it would help with me acquiring some new/old gear. I've seen some posts mentioning quids so I think I'm on the right track :thumbs:

I'm gone.

Welcome to AOS, Michael.

Perhaps you should stay with vintage gear -- lots of fans of the older hifi kit here, including myself!

I'm Michael.

Its the vintage gear I'd be looking at, newer stuff seems to be hyper real to me (cat amongst pigeons) and I don't like blu ray either.. my first post will be about what to use with some Celestion Ditton 33's they might not be long term but for now they have a nice warm sound

I'm Geoff.

Hi Michael. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what plans you may have for your system.

Take a look around the site. You'll find plenty going on.

Feel free to join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Chris.

Hi Ya and enjoy your stay
    Turntable : Project 2 Xperience Tone Arm & Cartridge : Project 9c Ortofon 2M Blue Phono Stage : Project Phono Box SE II Digital Source :Primare CD21 Integrated Amp : Primare I30 Speakers : ProAc 110 Headphones : Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro

Revox A77 MK IV 2 track 15 & 7 1/2 IPS
    TEAC A-3300SX 4 track 7 1/2 & 3 3/4 IPS
    Akai 4000DS MkII

I'm Michael.

Morning all

Plans for my system..

I wanted a warm sounding speaker so have bought some Celestion Ditton 33's, I'm pleased enough with them, to my untrained ear and I have to start somewhere.

Current amp is a Sony TA-FE530R and TT is a Pioneer PL-1120 with a Shure M104E cartridge

Does it work to put old with new? This company https://uturnaudio.com caught my eye the other day but if it's not something like this the TT (upgrade?) Would be a Rega 3 or cared for Thorens 160

Amp wise I don't have a plan, it was a Nad 3020 but could I do better for a similar price?

+ Reply to Thread