+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next steps to "complete" my system?

montesquieu Guest

Having owned Arm1, 2 and 3 (I assume you own the current AN arm - the original Rega-based ones fall well short of the latest ones) .. the main things I would say are worth playing are tonearms and cartridges. It's not a bad arm in the least but it does lack flexibilty.

Idlers generally go well with higher-mass arms and lower-compliance cartridges - I'd be looking at a Fidelity Research FR64S or (what I replaced mine with) an equivalent Ikeda. 401 plinths can accommodate 12in and 9in arms ... play with mono cartridges (if you have mono vinyl of course), and stereo cartridges ... SPUs, Miyajimas, Kisekis, Koetsus, even Denons ... your phono stage will accommodate all of these. And you have two SUTs ... make the most of it.

Endless fun without upsetting the applecart in the least.

The starting point though is a flexible arm that can take different headshells. The Jelco 750D or 750L with an Ammonite Audio collar and a decent cable (or if you want to push the boat out, an Audio Origami silver rewire and bearing fettle) can easily be the match of the AN arm and far more practical. Couple of different counterweights and you are on your way.

I'm Lawrence.

Yes there's a lot of foo out there but i was pleasantly surprised when I noticed a definite improvement when I bought a tacima mains conditioner block for under £30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Matthew.

Gents, sorry for my lack of responses recently.

Thank you for your suggestions, there is a bit to think about in 2017. Nice task!

I'm Timothy.

Matthew, just don't think too hard about it, I think that is key. You have a marvelous setup, and as it has been mentioned, would cost much more money to better it. Relax, enjoy it. You are at a point many others probably wish they were in, some state of contentment, which is so rare in this "hobby". Now more music, that is another story....
    Holbo TT-Nag 110-Croft phono/Innuos Zen MK2/LinnenberG Telemann DAC-Preamp/LinnenberG Allegro monoblocs/Duevel Venus/LinnenberG Maestro SE-Senn. 660S DH Labs cabling

Croft Series 7 amps, WLM La Scala, Naim Uniti1, Naim Nait XS3, Naim ND5XS2, Guru Junior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12