+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Streaming software for Windows 10

I'm Paul.

Default Streaming software for Windows 10

Tried running Spotify in Windows 10 this morning and for some reason where it worked well previously, it no longer functions...something to do with Windows 10. I uninstalled Spotify, cleaned up any residual files, restarted the computer and tried re-downloading Spotify. It no longer downloads. When I try the full install it comes up with an error message telling me I don't have enough storage on the PC ( I have plenty!).

I've given up with Spotify on Windows 10 now. Question is this: Can anyone recommend internet software like Spotify to explore new music which runs ok on windows 10, preferably freeware as I don't want to subscribe to surf for new music to try? Tidal is popular, but subscription. Is there an alternative?

I'm Grant.

I take it your using the browser web player Paul. It works fine on my win 10 pc. Was using it last night. Not sure why it would not work. If using a browser then try clearing the cache and reinstall,.if u use chrome it will also cast to a chromecast audio device..
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    I take it your using the browser web player Paul. It works fine on my win 10 pc. Was using it last night. Not sure why it would not work. If using a browser then try clearing the cache and reinstall,.if u use chrome it will also cast to a chromecast audio device..
    Thanks Grant. I've tried clearing the cache, I've tried an uninstall and reinstall but nothing works. Its this damned Windows 10 as it works fine on the Macbook!

I'm Grant.

Maybe an update caused mate. Got some on my win 7 one the other day that took out the pc. Managed to go back before the install and alls fine. Tried it again and same thing. Have now hidden the updates so they wont reinstall. Took me 4 damned hrs yesterday
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

Could be but I've given up with Windows 10. I've only ever encountered issues like this since it was installed. Keep getting a system error code 13 when trying to install spotify which means some of the files won't launch. I'll just use the macbook....just need to work out how to turn off the laptops speakers and send raw data to the USB instead. I hate computers!

I'm Grant.

Sounds like a permissions thing. You could try disabling security temp. Other thing to try is using administer privilages to use it.

Click the Apple and choose System Preferences. Then click on Sound. Then click the Output tab at the top. Your USB speakers should show up in there. Just click which one you want.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Gary.

Windows 10 is horrible.
    Sat down one morning to work and found (in its wisdom) that Win10 decided to uninstall 2 pieces of (legit) Cad software I use and wouldnt let me reinstall them!

My computer I'll decide!
    Back to Windows 7 and its a lot better.

I'm Paul.

I'm sorted now guys. Just used the Mac and no issues at all. Just wanted to try streaming few tunes to sort the configurations for the DAC to check everything was working ok. I may wellrevert to Windows 7 on the PC but for now, will use the Macbook for streaming and ripping music.

I'm Paul.

I'll be interested what you think of USB Paul, the few times I've tried USB DACs its been nowhere near as good as co-ax. (source was a squeezebox which has both).

If you have itunes on the win10 PC that can interfere with Spotify (wonder why, Apple....?). Shut itunes down completely then try installing spotify again

I'm Paul.

I've only tried it with spotify and i-tunes for now Paul, and the file res has been quite compressed. Some tunes have sounded more than ok, others barely listenable. The DAC is fine, as using the CDP as a transport only, first impressions are that the DAC betters the CDP, so my initial impressions really need some hi-res sampling. I'll see if You Tube offers anything and post back.

I switched back to the Gyro/ZYX/TRON combo and it comprehensively blows anything digital I listened to out of the water, but the recordings have all been first class. That analogue set up betters the digital set up playing even good CDs provided a really good LP which has been well mastered is used. It shouldn't, but it does.

+ Reply to Thread