+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Hi Fi plans , Whats yours ?

I'm James.

BTW, I have had the pleasure to see Bev in the flesh quite a few times and she looks lovely to me
    Source: Heavily modified DDDAC using MacBook Pro.
    Amplification: Pre amp-Stereo Coffee pre amp on steroids.
    Power amp- Rather large Colin Wonfor Class A power Amp
    Speakers: Lampizator P17 Open Baffles
    Accessories: Klotz 500 DIY Interconnects & DIY speaker cable sounding better than anything commercial.
    All powered from a Mother Trucker BPS with a dedicated consumer unit with 10mm armoured radial back to the house tails after the meter.

I'm Bernie.

Let's see...

Recap by Ditton 44s
    Recap the motor in my PL-71 turntable
    Build new crossovers for the speakers in my main system
    Build a proper music server (pc based)
    Storage for my music collection

I have to fit all that in between renovating the house and landscaping the garden. Think I'll get any of the above done?
    Bernie.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    lol I posted that. Bev was talking about tattoos awhile back and I said I didn't like tattoos normally but that one I do like. Its from the Kushiels Dart the first in a series of books I read and enjoyed. The tattoo is a house mark. You can read about it here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kushiel's_Dart
    I don't remember posting anything about tattoos but I may have done as I've got a head like a sieve, personally I don't like them at all in any shape or form..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    BTW, I have had the pleasure to see Bev in the flesh quite a few times and she looks lovely to me
    aw shucks
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Shaun.

My main music plans for 2017 revolve around making the most of what I now have and stop wanting more. The purchase of more vinyl though will never stop.

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I shouldn't bother, the paradise is so far ahead of it in performance.

The 834 is seriously compromised by being a feedback equalisation design IMHO.

Alan thanks for the heads up
    I don't know anything about Valve stuff TBH and just bought this kit from ebay out of interest

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    I wouldn't bother with the Class D Alan IMO, does lots well but ultimately doesn't cut the mustard. Build a nice valve OTL! :-)
    Thanks Ali I know what you mean and I haven't like what I have heard in the past but Im curious by the latest Hypex NC500 stuff, may see if I can get a listen to some before committing to building

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    None of this 'just listen to the music' nonsense for me.

I am going to build an active system with digital crossover. Firstly with some IMF TLS50 and then build some custom speakers (so much easier with DSP). They will be a three way with 18'' bass drivers, The bass cab will be very large, the limit being the size of the door to the room. The aim will be to equal or better something like the JBL 4365 for a fraction of the price. DSP has the potential to deliver this, I reckon.

That may take longer than just a year, though....
    Sounds like a great plan Martin, active amplification is something that interests me also

Alan

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Droog View Post
    I plan to sell my megabuck system.......that sounds shit.
    And.....
    Buy a cheap system that sounds great.

Spend the difference on hookers, drugs n concerts.....!!!
    Sounds like a plan. You are lucky to have a mega buck system to sell you jammy devil.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    My main music plans for 2017 revolve around making the most of what I now have and stop wanting more. The purchase of more vinyl though will never stop.
    Pretty much my view too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast