+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Hi Fi plans , Whats yours ?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Remember when you could get hookers, drugs and a concert all in the same place?
    And still get change from a 10 bob note.
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Well it's only taken me 3 years to plug the turntable in after my move from the north east to the north west, some may say i'm lazy, i call it careful planning. Anyway after plugging in the afore mentioned TT I found myself routing around for my trusty VMS 20 mk2, shock horror I can't find it anywhere, so i'm left with the not so great OM5, I've already secured myself a VMS 30 mk2 with cap and barely used stylus, i'm waiting on it being delivered, probably after Christmas now, but i'm in the market for maybe a 2m Black or if the VMS 30 hits the spot, then maybe a better phono stage, at the moment i'm just using the phono input on the back of the A/V amp i have, it's ok but probably the weakest link, any suggestions ???

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome back Mike,

You've been keeping very quiet of late - thought you had disappeared!
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Thanks Barry, not disappeared just had a lot of stuff to contend with, work, family the usual i guess, i've been reading a lot of posts and logging in as a guest from work so i have been around but not posted so kept a low profile

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    The only thing I can think of for 2017 is getting a decent rack

The Oto is on top of a 'general' unit along with everything else.. tv, Sky box, cd, dac etc etc and the Meishu is on the floor on a little plinth as it won't fit on the unit
    Bev,

Heres hoping Finbar "Marco" Saunders doesn't pick up on the (inferred on his part) subtleties of what you just said?

I'm Rich.

I have 2 things planned for next year, the first is fairly simple, swap my Majik-i for a Kairn. And then treat myself to what I very much hope will be my last turntable, a Gyrodec. Then I live in hope I shall be done, dusted and happy with my set up.

I'm James.

Some new speaker stands so I can use my ushers again, perhaps some from hi-fi racks as their slimline ones have a small footprint
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Mark.

An Oppo streaming DAC when they are available and some active speakers and that is all I will need for Spotify and a bit of NAS streaming.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    The only thing I can think of for 2017 is getting a decent rack

From what I recall of a photo of you, you're just fine as you are, Bev!

_____

Back on topic ....

I've got a pair of interconnects on the way to try out.
    Other than that I have no plans or intentions or even unnattainable dreams.

Perfection has been attained! Yay.
    Well, no.
    They may not be perfect, and I am sure they wouldn't be everyone's choice - but I now have electronics and speakers and cables that suit me, personally, just fine and that I am completely comfortable with. To my humble ears my system is entirely musically satisfying.

Maybe it's an age thing, but my hifi wanderlust has reduced to an unheard of minimum.

I dare say I'll start tinkering in a few months maybe. But I have no idea at all what with!

I'm Anthony.

I have made a lot of changes in 2016. Consequently 2017 will be for listening......but maybe, perhaps, a bit of valve rolling in the Crofts.

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast