+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quad Vena - anyone heard it?

I'm inactive.

Default Quad Vena - anyone heard it?

I am quite smitten by the Quad Vena integrated - looks, size and feature set would suit me down to the ground and the price is right but reviews are scant.
    Anyone here own one or heard it sing and could give a view?

I'm Dave.

It's an excellent little amp,loads of facilities, lots for the money and it sounds very good.

Kessler reviewed it in the latest Hi-Fi News and it was also in Hi-Fi World an issue back.

I'm inactive.

Reviving this thread as I am still tempted to get rid of a lot of separate bits and bobs and have pretty much one integrated box ... and the Vena has since got a price drop (now £539 for the basic grey model).

Most reviews are fairly positive, bar a few niggles, but I wondered if anyone here has actually acquired one in the intervening years and can comment on the their day-to-day experience with it, particularly on the performance of the DAC section and any perceived weaknesses.
    Last edited by mikmas; 12-01-2017 at 23:37.

I'm Dave.

I have sold several of these now and not had any complaints, just pleased customers.

I'm Philip.

Had one for about 18 months now, just using it as a pre-amp to control a 303 which is connected to the 57s. Very happy with it.
    Main Sys. N.A.S DAIS; 12" Ace Space , Benz Micro Wood SL, Timesteep T-01MC, Quad Platinum DMP, Quad Platinum Pre, FM4,Quad Platinum Stereo, Quad ESL 63, PRC4 RCM, Chord XLR, Mark Grant G1000HD, Black Mamba's. Stax SRM600 SR507
    AVCambridge audio Blu-ray player, Pioneer SC-LX 57 Front 2 channels switched into Quad 606 Powering the ESL63s. Rear powering Celestion Speakers, LFE 2 cheap subwoffers.
    Man-cave Sys. A. GL75, RB300, ZYX R100H, Rega Planer 3, RB200, Rega Carbon Elys II,Quad 34, 606, Tangent RS4.
    Man-cave Sys. B. Revox A77, Akai 400D, Sugdon A48II, JPW Monitors.
    Gallery http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=341
    Classic Sys. Garrard 301, SME M2-9R, Benz Micro Wood SL, Quad Vena, 303, FM3, AM3. ESL 57. Quad II, 22, FM2 Rega Planet. Rega Phono
    Gallery http://www.theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=403
    Headphones, Stax SR507 (x2) /SRM600 Limited, Sennhieser HD424, Sennhieser HD558, AKGK105UHF, Beyerdynamic DT 931, Beyerdynamic DT231, Etymotic ER4 micropro.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I have sold several of these now and not had any complaints, just pleased customers.
    Excellent - thanks for the reassurance Dave

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Had one for about 18 months now, just using it as a pre-amp to control a 303 which is connected to the 57s. Very happy with it.

Interesting, I was wondering about the pre-out as I fancied doing something similar (have a 303 and a 405-2) but was a bit concerned about the high output from the Vena, quoted as 2.3v, given that both are rated for 0.5v input. Presumably this hasn't caused you any problems or do you use some sort of buffer in between?

+ Reply to Thread