+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2017 Hi Fi plans , Whats yours ?

I'm Grant.

What i was going to do next year ive done now nay patience thats me. Pretty extatic re results so nex year will be 99% listening, probaby through cans a fair bit tbh.
    Might well buy another set for a different presentation, shall have to see...maybe Grados
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.7- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - TANDBERG TCD310 CASS - CARTS.. ACD xlm mk1 integra, AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm Robin.

Now that I have the amp and phono stage sorted, will now be looking at a Dac and will most likely be a Caiman SEG after a discussion with Stan, was hoping have it all sorted out over the xmas break but ran out time so 2017 it will be.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Good man! I'm sure you'll not regret it.

I myself will be somewhat regretfully selling the Philips and buying a cdp with a valve output section.

Beyond that it's all rolling for me.
    Depends if the reggae or drum and bass is on he he.
    Mana Acoustics Racks >> Custom Silent Media Server >> Halide Bridge USB (with AQVOX USB power) >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Matt.

Want to try some nice NOS valves in the amp, try the internal phono stage with a step up (in progress) and build a Falcon LS3/5a kit.

I'm Dan.

Just bought a Fatman Trinity Hybrid Valve Amplifier

That wasn't planned

Bit of Fun for the price i payed with a brand new pair of Monitor Audios

I've done it again
    Main System: Yamaha CR-820 Receiver & Musical Fidelity E50 Tuner & Pioneer PD S505 Precision CD Player & Mission 770 Freedom Speakers + Linn Interconnects & Van Den Hul The Wind hybrid Speaker Cable
    Vinyl -
    Rega Planer 2 with Rega Britain Green 250 Tonearm & Upgraded Van Den Hul Oil Bearing & Ortofon Super OM-10.

Second System:
    Technics - SU-C909U Pre-Amplifier & SE-A909S Power Amplifier & Technics ST-GT 1000 Tuner & Marantz CD67 Original SE CD player & Thorens TD-125 MK1 Turntable & SME 3009 Series 1 & Shure V15 Type II Cartridge & SME 2000 Plinth & Celestion A compact Speakers

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I was just wondering where Jerry has seen a picture of me...
    The annual gathering of the Portsmouth cucumber appreciation society, of course, of which you are president!

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The annual gathering of the Portsmouth cucumber appreciation society, of course, of which you are president!

Marco.
    Yes that's the one....

Pioneer DV-717 x 2 or Pioneer PD-S505 Precision (Tom Evans Tuned) or Marantz CD50 SE or Arcam DV79 Through: SLIC Innovations Digi Coax To: Audio Note Dac One 1x Signature Through: SLIC Innovations Eclipse C RCA To: Audio Note Oto SE Through:TQ Ultra Black Speaker Cable To: Rega RS3's or Living Voice Auditoriums

Be nice to people, you MAY get some of it back when you need it most....

"Smile, it's free therapy"
    "This week I will mostly be listening to music"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112