+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tube Technology 'Unisis' (Signature)

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    I have repaired, and serviced a few of the Tube tech amps over the years,and a word of warning, they do suffer from board issues, ie; stray voltages affecting the bias circuitry, however, they are quite well put together, and many people seem to enjoy their sonic qualities.
    Hope this helps.
    A...
    Yeah I've fixed a couple myself but it was yeas ago now...
    As to the stray voltage effects bias I'll just say Marshall JCM2000
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Andrew.

I owned a Genesis monos, Prophet and Prophet Signature preamps and Fulcrum 64 DAC.
    What can I say... Prophet Signature was amazing, one of the best preamps I've heard!
    I can't say a same about Genesis monos and Fulcrum 64 DAC...
    Michell Orbe with Moerch DP-6 Gold Precision > Shure Ultra 500 / London Jubilee / Miyajima Kansui > Croft RIAA R / Miyajima ETR-800P / Audion The Converter DAC > Audion Premier 2.0 > Audion Golden Night 300B/PX25 & Audio Black Shadow 845 > Audio Nirvana 15" Classic Alnico with Tannoy ST200.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Aye,
    DSL, and TSL,'s, seem to be the main models in the Marshall range that suffer from bias creep issues, The ones I diagnose with this fault are usualy a good few years old though, and Marshall have re-designed the main board at least 4 times so I have been officialy informed, However, its a very popular model, and of course the more sold, the higher the known failiar rates reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    As to the stray voltage effects bias I'll just say Marshall JCM2000
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyTD View Post
    Aye,
    DSL, and TSL,'s, seem to be the main models in the Marshall range that suffer from bias creep issues, The ones I diagnose with this fault are usualy a good few years old though, and Marshall have re-designed the main board at least 4 times so I have been officialy informed, However, its a very popular model, and of course the more sold, the higher the known failiar rates reported.
    Yeah it's the actual board material that's the problem... they changed to real fibreglass boards for the output sub-board and that cured it. The problem was the earlier ones with the green board that looked like fibreglass from a distance but wasn't... bizarrely the pre section board is fibre glass in these!
    The board material seems to become slightly conductive with time and heat from the output stage sets it off in run-away...
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Yep,
    And most of the ones I have seen over the years, its always the left bank [looking from the back] once the board starts tracking positive voltage [from elsewhere, ie; plate or screen grid] onto the control grid, then down goes the negative bias voltage, and well,,, you know the rest!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Yeah it's the actual board material that's the problem... they changed to real fibreglass boards for the output sub-board and that cured it. The problem was the earlier ones with the green board that looked like fibreglass from a distance but wasn't... bizarrely the pre section board is fibre glass in these!
    The board material seems to become slightly conductive with time and heat from the output stage sets it off in run-away...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm Steve.

There's one here if anyone interested, bet you've spotted it already!

Does'nt seem like a bad price....

https://www.audioemotion.co.uk/tube-...ed-11008-p.asp

I'm Dave.

As intimated through the thread, it is a bit of a liability and there is no backup at all.

I'm Julian.

Looks like a lot of amp for the money - at that price you can afford to get it serviced as well!
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm Dave.

The pcb are often burnt and these are not available and neither are the x'mers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123