+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My headshell list for Denon Dl110 and Technics 1210 ? Any advice greatly appreciated.

I'm Ange.

Default Headshell advice? Denon Dl110 and Technics 1210 ? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi all-sorry as this has been brought up afew times but have a short list of headshells I'd like to match with the Dl110 with my Techie.

Short history I was going to buy new tonearms but as I use 2 decks to mix on occasion I dumped that idea (was going to be costly) to buy 1 great cart and headshell to use for listening ONLY.

As far as sound goes at home am using Technics1210mk2's with Isonoe feet and boots that have been done with the Timestep external power supplies,Sound hifi open-cell silicone foam mat and as I still mix using the Grado dj200i...
    My amp is a NAD C272 2 channel connecting with VAF Dc-X
    Now as I said I have been into mixing as my mixer I have the renowned rotary Bozak Cma Dla which has been sent to Justin at Isonoe who has completely upgraded it
    and has an external power supply fitted...

So here's my list as I read that heavier is best matching with Dl 110:
    What have you matched with the dl's ? And anyone have feedback or opinions on these? What would you pick?

Sumiko HS 12 -13g
    Jelco HS 25 -14g
    Ortofon LH 9000 16.8g
    Audio Technika LH-18/OCC 18g
    Oyaide HS-CF 12g
    or Isokinetic?

thanks to all you helpers ..

ps also if I was to upgrade my Technics headshells to something else to use with my Grados would that make much difference and any recommendations on which headshells?
    what weight headshell will match these specs?

Grado DJ200i Phono Cartridge Specifications
    - Type: Moving magnet
    - Output voltage: 4mV
    - Frequency response: 10Hz - 50kHz
    - Load impedance: 47k ohms
    - Channel separation: 30dB
    - Stylus type: Diamond
    - Stylus replacement: User replaceable
    - Compliance: 20mm/N
    - Tracking force: 2.5 g
    - Recommended tracking force: 3.0 g
    - Weight: 5.5 g
    Last edited by Fanj; 14-12-2016 at 04:08.

I'm Ange.

Anyone??
    Just found this - IS 17 GRAMS too HEAVY FOR A dl 110??

NAGAOKA Universal Headshell HS-2040

I'm Rich.

Sumiko works well enough for me with a DL110.

Did try it in an Audio Technica mg50 but unsurprisingly this suited an AT cart better.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Mike.

Default Tonearm

New to all this turntable stuff, does tonearm weight need to be entered into the equation as well? I use a DL110 with Jelco 750D, standard Jelco headshell.

I'm Neil.

Get a Denon PCL-5, which is perfect for medium to heavier tonearms & MM / higher compliance cartridges. It is one of the lightest headshells ever made. ADC LMG-1 are easier to find though. Basically, keep it under 8g.

I used to use Sumikos etc., but ultra-light headshells with MMs need to be tried, especially on the Japanese s-shaped arms.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Geoff.

Why worry about all that. Just use a decent cast alloy headshell with the DL-110. It doesn't have to be anything vastly expensive. It'll work just fine on the Techie arm.

One of these for a fiver will do perfectly: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UKDJ-Stand...8AAOSwfZ1Wavam

They are cast alloy and nicely rigid. I have several.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanj View Post
    Anyone??
    Just found this - IS 17 GRAMS too HEAVY FOR A dl 110??

NAGAOKA Universal Headshell HS-2040
    Far too heavy, probably good for a DL-103.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Ange.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Sumiko works well enough for me with a DL110.

Did try it in an Audio Technica mg50 but unsurprisingly this suited an AT cart better.
    Yes have been looking for these but seem to be hard to find to ship to Australia...

I'm Ange.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    New to all this turntable stuff, does tonearm weight need to be entered into the equation as well? I use a DL110 with Jelco 750D, standard Jelco headshell.
    Would this be the Jelco Hs 25 ? as these are apparently a good match with that cart at 14grams..I can get them easily in Australia which is good news for a change..

I'm Ange.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Why worry about all that. Just use a decent cast alloy headshell with the DL-110. It doesn't have to be anything vastly expensive. It'll work just fine on the Techie arm.

One of these for a fiver will do perfectly: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UKDJ-Stand...8AAOSwfZ1Wavam

They are cast alloy and nicely rigid. I have several.
    Cheers looks wise they are pretty close to the Techie headshell...I have a stanton one I could try too i guess...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast