+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Power Amp for Paul

montesquieu Guest

Gorgeous Will.

Hope one day you'll have a slot free to re-make my STA100 in similar impeccable fashion.

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Gorgeous Will.

Hope one day you'll have a slot free to re-make my STA100 in similar impeccable fashion.
    Hi Tom,

There are developments on that front actually - not necessarily with your amp but others, watch this space as said developments will also apply to yours eventually!
    Radford Revival
    www.radfordrevival.co.uk

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    What I absolutely admire about your builds Will is the technical attention to detail. Above is an excellent approach and so impressive is to slot the pcb to ensure maximum cooling of the resistors
    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Indeed, a very classy build.
    Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I think your going to love the Radford Paul, they certainly make my MG 15" in your custom cabs sing
    Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    High quality parts and beautiful workmanship Will . Paul's a lucky man
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Fantastic chaps, really interesting thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHP View Post
    Words from another Will......William Morris......Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.

It truly is wonderful to see something built with such skill, knowledge and care. I believe you hit the Mr. Morris quote on both counts Will ! This will be a joy to own.
    Many thanks for all the kind words all!
    Radford Revival
    www.radfordrevival.co.uk

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    I think your going to love the Radford Paul, they certainly make my MG 15" in your custom cabs sing
    A man of good taste!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up Let's hear it for another of our 'shed-boys'!

Fantastic stuff, Will, as usual. What you've just shown is a veritable testament to the excellence of your products, clearly designed with passion, flair, expertise and sympathy to the innovative nature of the original. Arthur would be proud...

You truly are an asset to the AoS community, mate, so keep up the good work!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Fantastic stuff, Will, as usual. What you've just shown is a veritable testament to the excellence of your products, clearly designed with passion, flair, expertise and sympathy to the innovative nature of the original. Arthur would be proud...

You truly are an asset to the AoS community, mate, so keep up the good work!

Marco.
    Thanks Marco I have lots more to post!
    Radford Revival
    www.radfordrevival.co.uk

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Excellent... Then keep it coming!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Simon.

Love the detail on the build, top notch stuff.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Duncan.

Yes a lovely amp.

Just a shame with such skill you need to use circuit boards.
    Point to point is much more functional in a valve amp.

Happy days

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tubehunter View Post
    Yes a lovely amp.

Just a shame with such skill you need to use circuit boards.
    Point to point is much more functional in a valve amp.

Happy days
    I'm sure that's more of an opinion than a demonstrable fact, Duncan ... I find well laid out circuit boards reassuring in an amp purchase.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast