+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jelco 750d

Bigman80 Guest

Default Jelco 750d

Hi all,

Does anyone use a Jelco 750D and what is you opinion of it.

Thanks.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Mick.

Iam loving mine. Best upgrade I ever made to my SL1210. Its a good start to an expensive upgrade path

I'm Ian.

Hi Oliver,
    I have the 750L which is much the same apart from the extra inches. Nicely made arm that works well with my MC cartridge. But then you have a Mission 774 which is also a very nice arm , one of those that I wish I still had.

Bigman80 Guest

It looks very nice indeed. I'm considering making a change although I would imagine Walpurgis would advise me to stick with the mission. Feeling a bit frustrated with it at the minute as I've lost the right channel to a dodgy connection somewhere.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Iam loving mine. Best upgrade I ever made to my SL1210. Its a good start to an expensive upgrade path
    That's a nice looking cartridge you have there too

You're right about the expensive upgrade path, if I'd paid full price for each item that's on my 1210 you're talking roughly £2500 over and above the cost of the deck in the first place, which is ridiculous, does it sounds any better than a deck costing £3000- 4000, I have no idea because I've never heard one, I have seriously considered breaking it all down and selling it off bit by bit and buying a finished deck. Just so it looks like it cost £3000 lol

Luckily I bought most of the expensive upgrades second hand, jeez I don't even have a better platter that would add another £700-800 !

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Hi Oliver,
    I have the 750L which is much the same apart from the extra inches. Nicely made arm that works well with my MC cartridge. But then you have a Mission 774 which is also a very nice arm , one of those that I wish I still had.
    The Mission is a very nice arm indeed, Thanks Ian. It's probably down to my amateur soldering in all fairness. Just feeling a bit of an itch at the minute.

Bigman80 Guest

How does the Jelco compare to the Mission ianlenco

I'm Ian.

Hi Oliver,
    That's difficult to say but I think the Mission is a bit of a classic and always worked well for me. It was an itch to try a 12" arm that made me change it. Put it this way, although I never owned them at the same time my memory says the Mission does not suffer in comparison. One good thing - the Mission is an easy rewire

Bigman80 Guest

Lol, that's true. Would you rather have the Jelco or the Mission. Based solely on sound of course.

I'm Ian.

I'd rather have both
    A couple of years ago I bought a 12" arm tube for the Mission and it worked very nicely with a Zu Denon so if you really want my opinion, convert your 774 to a 12" 774.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast