+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Warning about INR and Warfarin

I'm Colin.

I'm Colin.

60 of these injection over 30 days, not nice because Warfarin was stopped wrongly.These action caused me to have a heart attack, so if you are on Warfarin beware the bruises are shit.

I'm Mike.

Ouch!

I'm Colin.

VERY Ouch mike and on the 20th DEC I have to start again for the heart op another op I hate it.

I'm Gary.

I was allergic to Warfarin and some alternatives.

No doctor or consultant made the connection between my reaction and Warfarin, took for two years regardless.

When my platelet count fell to 4 (normally for average person 250 ish), resulting in my inability to stop any bleeding, ( not to be recommended).

Over a year later, after an injection every five days (that made every bone in the body ache) was told that I would have to take these injections for life.

Cutting story short, my immune system suddenly decided that it was going to do something that no one can explain, my platelet count shot to 1900. Problem being that at that level blood clots could be an issue.

Over the next 3 months of no treatment my platelets are circa 200.

The global clinicians are all stumped and cannot explain this outcome.

Incidentally there are now alternatives to Warfarin, that work differently, and do not need periodic INR tests.

I'm Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder5 View Post
    I was allergic to Warfarin and some alternatives.

No doctor or consultant made the connection between my reaction and Warfarin, took for two years regardless.

When my platelet count fell to 4 (normally for average person 250 ish), resulting in my inability to stop any bleeding, ( not to be recommended).

Over a year later, after an injection every five days (that made every bone in the body ache) was told that I would have to take these injections for life.

Cutting story short, my immune system suddenly decided that it was going to do something that no one can explain, my platelet count shot to 1900. Problem being that at that level blood clots could be an issue.

Over the next 3 months of no treatment my platelets are circa 200.

The global clinicians are all stumped and cannot explain this outcome.

Incidentally there are now alternatives to Warfarin, that work differently, and do not need periodic INR tests.
    I think I am have a similar reaction but with metal valves what the hell do you do, OH I hate the ticking noise, Mike Manning Joking asked me to leave his demo room in Yeovil and take the clock with me he he . I like him he can be fun.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wonfor View Post
    I think I am have a similar reaction but with metal valves what the hell do you do, OH I hate the ticking noise, Mike Manning Joking asked me to leave his demo room in Yeovil and take the clock with me he he . I like him he can be fun.
    Did you tell him to look for the crocodile.......or was it an alligator.....never can remember

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wonfor View Post
    Nothing worse than a dodgy ticker

I'm Dave.

Following my double Pulmonary Embolism last year, I was put on Dalteparin injections for 3 x months. I couldn't take Warfarin because of kidney problems but appears to be a better alternative anyway. With Dalteparin, there is no need for frequent tests to confirm levels as there is with Warfarin. Dalteparin was trouble free except that 50% of the injections stung a bit.

I'm Mike.

I do hope Warfarin is summat else than what it is to me... Warfarin is the trade name for a rat poison here in Sweden! But as i googled it it turns out that it actually is the active component in the blood thinning medical product called Waran!
    Learning all the time!
    Besides, i am currently on Eliquis which is a similar medication as i also suffered blood clots in both lungs very recently. And i am not the "usual suspect" for that as i am quite thin and exercise a lot. I ran a 90km race in August, all in the mountains and forests of mid Sweden.
    Take good care of your health gentlemen, its our biggest asset while we have it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast