+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NEBO 8

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Why is that Jez?
    Ask Steve
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Ask Steve
    No Jez, I'm asking you.

Steve does not organise the event any more so whatever you and he may be discussing is of no concern to me, unless you think it should be, in which you should tell me.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    No Jez, I'm asking you.

Steve does not organise the event any more so whatever you and he may be discussing is of no concern to me, unless you think it should be, in which you should tell me.
    I have no issues with the event itself or it's organisation. I've aired some of my feelings about things earlier in the thread and, as I was asked for a reply by Steve I pm'ed him to make my issues clearer. His reply was not conciliatory. I find it inconceivable that you could be unaware of my "issues", both from previous comments by myself and, little doubt, from Steve regarding the contents of said pm.

A silly poker metaphor... This is unfortunately a "zero sum game" for me, and one in which I'm the only one with any stake to loose. If you have no choice other than to continue the game... but it becomes apparent that the cards have been tampered with and the game is rigged against you... what do you do? Say nothing and carry on losing? Or do you, in full knowledge that you are powerless to prevent the rigging of the game, at least speak up and say that whilst you don't know precisely who's behind the rigging or what the motive is, you are not so naive as to be unaware that it's going on?

First option you keep losing. Second option you keep losing... but maybe get some "pyrrhic satisfaction" at knowing that they know, that you know, roughly what they're up to... Hey it's not like they were ever going to cease the foul play so what's to lose (?)

NEBO is involved merely through the likelihood of a percentage of those involved (I hope a small one) from the wider world of hi fi fora in general, will likely be there
    and I have no particular wish to "chew the fat" and have a few beers with people in the knowledge that a few of them are doing so through gritted teeth and with a metaphorical dagger behind their backs....

Paranoid? Who knows... maybe a bit... I'll have to allow the fullness of time to grant me hindsight on that one, but "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you"... and the significant, if circumstantial, "evidence" points to it being more than mere paranoia on my part. Unfortunately.

Obviously at the end of the day I've at least partially brought this upon myself... On line as in real life I'm an opinionated and sometimes "abrasive" person who'll call a spade a spade even at erm... "a fork fanatics convention" (think kind of Jeremy Clarkson, Jeremy Paxman and especially "Dr Gregory House" for a bit more insight!?) and online there is not the benefit of body language etc to help prevent misunderstandings. I hope at least some appreciate my honesty, candour and knowledge.. especially in certain contentious areas of hi fi.. and even politics! No doubt there are others who think "what a twat". One can't please all the people all the time nor make an omelette without breaking some eggs (is the AOS metaphorometer showing critical yet!?). If it's to do with the unfortunate late delivery of a few 640P's, around 4 years ago now, in which all were delivered eventually, sounded great and have been very reliable, well that is IMHO truly pathetic! A few only were involved, the product was and is great and I have offered my profuse apologies publicly... It hardly makes me an axe murderer! Get a life folks.... Many similar failures to delver on time by other small businesses and one man bands, and sometimes by years, have been brought to my attention over the past few years and I don't see any off these people being treated as I have been.

I've come back to this reply several times over a few hours whilst doing other things and I seem to have become more "specific" about things so I may as well hit the nail on the head here, better be hung for a sheep....

The best example I can give involves the Arkless 640P. I don't particularly push this product any more but it remains available in basic form.
    It was/is regarded generally as the best budget phono stage available, with no rivals even at twice the price. It had rave review after rave review on the forums and became a "no brainer" standard recommendation for anyone interested in a VFM phono stage. It is listed in an AOS "sticky" of best VFM products as best VFM phono stage. Anyone thinking this an exaggeration is welcome to do their own research.

Have a think dear readers as to when you last saw a recommendation for the Arkless 640P? When you last saw it short-listed amongst others for recommendation even? You would need a long memory shall we say, And this in spite of the fact that it remains, probably, the best budget phono stage at any where near the price. Some of those who frequent NEBO are amongst those who once vociferously recommended the Arkless 640P again and again in any thread on budget phono stages. Every time these people now make a concious choice to recommend anything but the Arkless option, even in the knowledge that it's probably still the best budget phono stage on the market, they are taking the food from my table and threatening the roof above my head. Do they really think there would be any further delivery time issues after the "kicking" I got over my cock ups over ETA in the past?
    So no real mystery as to why I don't wish to indulge in chatter and beers with these people at NEBO then... Thanks for nothing guys...

And on that bombshell....Goodnight.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Kevin.

Recently, you posted here that the Arkless Turbo was no longer available?
    Is your modified 640p this product?
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Rich.

I have no issues with the event itself or it's organisation. I've aired some of my feelings about things earlier in the thread and, as I was asked for a reply by Steve I pm'ed him to make my issues clearer. His reply was not conciliatory. I find it inconceivable that you could be unaware of my "issues", both from previous comments by myself and, little doubt, from Steve regarding the contents of said pm.

A silly poker metaphor... This is unfortunately a "zero sum game" for me, and one in which I'm the only one with any stake to loose. If you have no choice other than to continue the game... but it becomes apparent that the cards have been tampered with and the game is rigged against you... what do you do? Say nothing and carry on losing? Or do you, in full knowledge that you are powerless to prevent the rigging of the game, at least speak up and say that whilst you don't know precisely who's behind the rigging or what the motive is, you are not so naive as to be unaware that it's going on?

First option you keep losing. Second option you keep losing... but maybe get some "pyrrhic satisfaction" at knowing that they know, that you know, roughly what they're up to... Hey it's not like they were ever going to cease the foul play so what's to lose (?)

NEBO is involved merely through the likelihood of a percentage of those involved (I hope a small one) from the wider world of hi fi fora in general, will likely be there
    and I have no particular wish to "chew the fat" and have a few beers with people in the knowledge that a few of them are doing so through gritted teeth and with a metaphorical dagger behind their backs....

Paranoid? Who knows... maybe a bit... I'll have to allow the fullness of time to grant me hindsight on that one, but "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you"... and the significant, if circumstantial, "evidence" points to it being more than mere paranoia on my part. Unfortunately.

Obviously at the end of the day I've at least partially brought this upon myself... On line as in real life I'm an opinionated and sometimes "abrasive" person who'll call a spade a spade even at erm... "a fork fanatics convention" (think kind of Jeremy Clarkson, Jeremy Paxman and especially "Dr Gregory House" for a bit more insight!?) and online there is not the benefit of body language etc to help prevent misunderstandings. I hope at least some appreciate my honesty, candour and knowledge.. especially in certain contentious areas of hi fi.. and even politics! No doubt there are others who think "what a twat". One can't please all the people all the time nor make an omelette without breaking some eggs (is the AOS metaphorometer showing critical yet!?). If it's to do with the unfortunate late delivery of a few 640P's, around 4 years ago now, in which all were delivered eventually, sounded great and have been very reliable, well that is IMHO truly pathetic! A few only were involved, the product was and is great and I have offered my profuse apologies publicly... It hardly makes me an axe murderer! Get a life folks.... Many similar failures to delver on time by other small businesses and one man bands, and sometimes by years, have been brought to my attention over the past few years and I don't see any off these people being treated as I have been.

I've come back to this reply several times over a few hours whilst doing other things and I seem to have become more "specific" about things so I may as well hit the nail on the head here, better be hung for a sheep....

The best example I can give involves the Arkless 640P. I don't particularly push this product any more but it remains available in basic form.
    It was/is regarded generally as the best budget phono stage available, with no rivals even at twice the price. It had rave review after rave review on the forums and became a "no brainer" standard recommendation for anyone interested in a VFM phono stage. It is listed in an AOS "sticky" of best VFM products as best VFM phono stage. Anyone thinking this an exaggeration is welcome to do their own research.

Have a think dear readers as to when you last saw a recommendation for the Arkless 640P? When you last saw it short-listed amongst others for recommendation even? You would need a long memory shall we say, And this in spite of the fact that it remains, probably, the best budget phono stage at any where near the price. Some of those who frequent NEBO are amongst those who once vociferously recommended the Arkless 640P again and again in any thread on budget phono stages. Every time these people now make a concious choice to recommend anything but the Arkless option, even in the knowledge that it's probably still the best budget phono stage on the market, they are taking the food from my table and threatening the roof above my head. Do they really think there would be any further delivery time issues after the "kicking" I got over my cock ups over ETA in the past?
    So no real mystery as to why I don't wish to indulge in chatter and beers with these people at NEBO then... Thanks for nothing guys...

Ok Jez, thanks for explaining that. As I've not been involved in any of this stuff I'm not sure if there's anything I could personally do to make you feel any different. If there is anything I can do, pls let me know.

Again, on the basis that we have no quarrels and others on this thread have said they'd like you to attend and bring some kit, I'll still send you an invite when I get it sorted. What you do with it is your choice.

ATB

R
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

Bigman80 Guest

Well I'm up to speed too and had no idea anything had gone on. Although I am pretty new to the forum with only one years service in.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Andy.

Jez: I still have my vinyl and will inevitably get another deck in 2017. I will then seek out a better phono stage. Can you tell me how much the 640p or 651p cost please? I remember you used to supply already modded examples but you also modded ones supplied to you. If this is still the case, could I have a price for both options please?

I'll likely buy another Denon 103. Is there any specific loading done for this and can I alter it later if I change to another cartridge?

Lastly, I believe the 640 and 651 are essentially the same. Is there any advantage to one or the other?

I'm Gary.

Jez,
    your underestimating yourself Sir.

The 640P?
    You made that step up and be happy with what you done Sir!
    I''ve read the many Wigwam and Pinkfish posts about how "Giant Killing" you made the basic 640 adapted the basic design and made it better, so be happy with that!!!

I'm Alan.

Why dont we call it RBO Richys Bake Off
    or TURBO The United Retrobates Bake Off LOL
    or NEAT North East Audio Tossers

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm inthescottishmafia.

They have one in the States called The Burning Amp Festival. Always made me chuckle.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast