+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 91

Thread: NEBO 8

  1. #11
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 66,446
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    No problemo. Essentially, if I'm free then I'll be going

    Marco.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way and the only way, it does not exist" - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche.


    My system:

    Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Modified Goldpoint SA4M-47 passive preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

  2. #12
    Join Date: Oct 2012

    Location: NE England

    Posts: 3,186
    I'm Jez.

    Default

    And I'll live up to my reputation for being tactless but honest by no doubt giving a few "insert suitable expletive here"'s a sigh of relief by saying I won't bother...
    Hindsight of course revealing that I have a few "enemies" amongst the regulars (regulars on here as well of course) whose animosity I hadn't guessed at and whose motives for such are beyond me I'm afraid..... maybe they really love their Russ Abbot mains cables.....
    Non are customers I hasten to add!

    A shame, a pity and bloody well not cricket IMO
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

    Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

  3. #13
    Join Date: Aug 2009

    Location: Staffordshire, England

    Posts: 14,540
    I'm Martin.

    Default

    Ah bollocks Jez. If you don't show up you're banned
    Martin



    Current Lash Up:

    Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Sony SCD XB790 QS * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *


  4. #14
    Join Date: Oct 2012

    Location: NE England

    Posts: 3,186
    I'm Jez.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Ah bollocks Jez. If you don't show up you're banned
    I wish it were bollocks Martin. It's not a pleasant situation to have events and remarks slowly lead you to the inescapable conclusion that there are people amongst this very hi fi fraternity, who you once considered forum friends or bake-off acquaintances, but whom time has revealed to "have it in for you" and for no reason one can come up with even after some head scratching... Non were amongst the few who had long waits for 640P phono stages (a few know people who were, yes) for a start... No names no pack drill.

    Of course ones mind will wander as to whether ones impoverishment may be partly due to such ***** possibly PM'ing folks who are showing interest in my products and services to try and throw a spanner in the works... the fact that I'll no doubt never know equally doesn't help... I can only hope that even if someone was such a knob as to actually hate me for my views on mains cables (hi fi extremists!? Bizarre! It's just a stereo, get a life!) or some such, that even they wouldn't stoop so low....I don't know if there will be other posts present by the time I hit "send" on this one, but the simple fact that in an hour or so since my making such an "inflammatory" statement of "I'm not so daft to have not spotted what's been going on", you, Martin, have been the only one to reply, probably says a lot....

    Edit: No surprise... no more replies.... They know who they are, I know who at least some (hopefully most/all!) are.
    Yer never know, if the bikes back on the road by then (unlikely) I may come along after all just to piss on their cake by my presence
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

    Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

  5. #15
    Join Date: Jan 2008

    Location: Wrexham, North Wales, UK

    Posts: 66,446
    I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Yer never know, if the bikes back on the road by then (unlikely) I may come along after all just to piss on their cake by my presence
    Please do, and in fact I insist on it! You'll be going to NEBO if I have to taxi you there and back....

    In all seriousness though, what you've just written, Jez, shocks me to the core, and trust me, if it's true and I find out who's responsible, they'll be banned permanently from this forum. There is no place for folk like that on AoS.

    Feel free to PM me with any proof you have or anything else you may wish to tell me about the matter in private.

    Marco.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way and the only way, it does not exist" - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche.


    My system:

    Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Modified Goldpoint SA4M-47 passive preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

  6. #16
    Join Date: Nov 2011

    Location: Newcastle UK

    Posts: 3,383
    I'm Rich.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I wish it were bollocks Martin. It's not a pleasant situation to have events and remarks slowly lead you to the inescapable conclusion that there are people amongst this very hi fi fraternity, who you once considered forum friends or bake-off acquaintances, but whom time has revealed to "have it in for you" and for no reason one can come up with even after some head scratching... Non were amongst the few who had long waits for 640P phono stages (a few know people who were, yes) for a start... No names no pack drill.

    Of course ones mind will wander as to whether ones impoverishment may be partly due to such ***** possibly PM'ing folks who are showing interest in my products and services to try and throw a spanner in the works... the fact that I'll no doubt never know equally doesn't help... I can only hope that even if someone was such a knob as to actually hate me for my views on mains cables (hi fi extremists!? Bizarre! It's just a stereo, get a life!) or some such, that even they wouldn't stoop so low....I don't know if there will be other posts present by the time I hit "send" on this one, but the simple fact that in an hour or so since my making such an "inflammatory" statement of "I'm not so daft to have not spotted what's been going on", you, Martin, have been the only one to reply, probably says a lot....

    Edit: No surprise... no more replies.... They know who they are, I know who at least some (hopefully most/all!) are.
    Yer never know, if the bikes back on the road by then (unlikely) I may come along after all just to piss on their cake by my presence
    Jez, we have no grief whatsoever and I'd like you to come along and show us your latest tweakery. I'll provide the bog standard mains cables
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit... It's the only way to be sure.

  7. #17
    Join Date: Oct 2008

    Location: Glasgowshire

    Posts: 5,781
    I'm availableforweddingsAndBarmitzvas.

    Default

    NO.

    Don't let 'em win Jez...never ever.
    Tag along and have fun with the rest of us and f***k them.



    Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    And I'll live up to my reputation for being tactless but honest by no doubt giving a few "insert suitable expletive here"'s a sigh of relief by saying I won't bother...
    Hindsight of course revealing that I have a few "enemies" amongst the regulars (regulars on here as well of course) whose animosity I hadn't guessed at and whose motives for such are beyond me I'm afraid..... maybe they really love their Russ Abbot mains cables.....
    Non are customers I hasten to add!

    A shame, a pity and bloody well not cricket IMO
    Passed judgement on Frank Bough in 83...lets move on.

  8. #18
    Join Date: Aug 2012

    Location: North

    Posts: 2,175
    I'm Steve.

    Default

    No mate. Absolutely not. On the occasions you managed to make it to Nebo in the past your presence has been appreciated and enjoyed. I see no reason why this should have changed and you are as always welcome. I for one have yet to hear one of you phono stages and would welcome the opportunity to here one. There are no slaves and masters here or brand preference so get yer ass along Jez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    And I'll live up to my reputation for being tactless but honest by no doubt giving a few "insert suitable expletive here"'s a sigh of relief by saying I won't bother...
    Hindsight of course revealing that I have a few "enemies" amongst the regulars (regulars on here as well of course) whose animosity I hadn't guessed at and whose motives for such are beyond me I'm afraid..... maybe they really love their Russ Abbot mains cables.....
    Non are customers I hasten to add!

    A shame, a pity and bloody well not cricket IMO

  9. #19
    Join Date: Jul 2011

    Location: Northamptonshire

    Posts: 1,212
    I'm Peter.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Jez, we have no grief whatsoever and I'd like you to come along and show us your latest tweakery. I'll provide the bog standard mains cables
    This

    It'd be a great opportunity for us to hear the preamp, or whatever other developments you have on the go.
    Guitars for sale in 'Abstract Chat' sub-forum ... new reduced prices

    CD player Rega Isis Valve
    Turntable Platine Verdier + Fidelity Research FR-64S + Ortofon A95 SPU
    Pre-amplifier EAR 912
    Power amplifier EAR 861
    Loudspeakers Tannoy Prestige Canterbury SE

  10. #20
    Join Date: Aug 2012

    Location: Hartlepool UK

    Posts: 1,062
    I'm Alan.

    Default

    Da
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, SME 3009/2 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20 - Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Voyager Mono Block, Speakers Tannoy precision 6.4 / Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •