+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NEBO 8

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

No problemo. Essentially, if I'm free then I'll be going

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Jez.

And I'll live up to my reputation for being tactless but honest by no doubt giving a few "insert suitable expletive here"'s a sigh of relief by saying I won't bother...
    Hindsight of course revealing that I have a few "enemies" amongst the regulars (regulars on here as well of course) whose animosity I hadn't guessed at and whose motives for such are beyond me I'm afraid..... maybe they really love their Russ Abbot mains cables.....
    Non are customers I hasten to add!

A shame, a pity and bloody well not cricket IMO
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Martin.

Ah bollocks Jez. If you don't show up you're banned
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Ah bollocks Jez. If you don't show up you're banned
    I wish it were bollocks Martin. It's not a pleasant situation to have events and remarks slowly lead you to the inescapable conclusion that there are people amongst this very hi fi fraternity, who you once considered forum friends or bake-off acquaintances, but whom time has revealed to "have it in for you" and for no reason one can come up with even after some head scratching... Non were amongst the few who had long waits for 640P phono stages (a few know people who were, yes) for a start... No names no pack drill.

Of course ones mind will wander as to whether ones impoverishment may be partly due to such ***** possibly PM'ing folks who are showing interest in my products and services to try and throw a spanner in the works... the fact that I'll no doubt never know equally doesn't help... I can only hope that even if someone was such a knob as to actually hate me for my views on mains cables (hi fi extremists!? Bizarre! It's just a stereo, get a life!) or some such, that even they wouldn't stoop so low....I don't know if there will be other posts present by the time I hit "send" on this one, but the simple fact that in an hour or so since my making such an "inflammatory" statement of "I'm not so daft to have not spotted what's been going on", you, Martin, have been the only one to reply, probably says a lot....

Edit: No surprise... no more replies.... They know who they are, I know who at least some (hopefully most/all!) are.
    Yer never know, if the bikes back on the road by then (unlikely) I may come along after all just to piss on their cake by my presence
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    Yer never know, if the bikes back on the road by then (unlikely) I may come along after all just to piss on their cake by my presence
    Please do, and in fact I insist on it! You'll be going to NEBO if I have to taxi you there and back....

In all seriousness though, what you've just written, Jez, shocks me to the core, and trust me, if it's true and I find out who's responsible, they'll be banned permanently from this forum. There is no place for folk like that on AoS.

Feel free to PM me with any proof you have or anything else you may wish to tell me about the matter in private.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Rich.

I wish it were bollocks Martin. It's not a pleasant situation to have events and remarks slowly lead you to the inescapable conclusion that there are people amongst this very hi fi fraternity, who you once considered forum friends or bake-off acquaintances, but whom time has revealed to "have it in for you" and for no reason one can come up with even after some head scratching... Non were amongst the few who had long waits for 640P phono stages (a few know people who were, yes) for a start... No names no pack drill.

Of course ones mind will wander as to whether ones impoverishment may be partly due to such ***** possibly PM'ing folks who are showing interest in my products and services to try and throw a spanner in the works... the fact that I'll no doubt never know equally doesn't help... I can only hope that even if someone was such a knob as to actually hate me for my views on mains cables (hi fi extremists!? Bizarre! It's just a stereo, get a life!) or some such, that even they wouldn't stoop so low....I don't know if there will be other posts present by the time I hit "send" on this one, but the simple fact that in an hour or so since my making such an "inflammatory" statement of "I'm not so daft to have not spotted what's been going on", you, Martin, have been the only one to reply, probably says a lot....

Edit: No surprise... no more replies.... They know who they are, I know who at least some (hopefully most/all!) are.
    Jez, we have no grief whatsoever and I'd like you to come along and show us your latest tweakery. I'll provide the bog standard mains cables
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Gary.

NO.

Don't let 'em win Jez...never ever.
    Tag along and have fun with the rest of us and f***k them.

And I'll live up to my reputation for being tactless but honest by no doubt giving a few "insert suitable expletive here"'s a sigh of relief by saying I won't bother...
    Hindsight of course revealing that I have a few "enemies" amongst the regulars (regulars on here as well of course) whose animosity I hadn't guessed at and whose motives for such are beyond me I'm afraid..... maybe they really love their Russ Abbot mains cables.....

AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Steve.

No mate. Absolutely not. On the occasions you managed to make it to Nebo in the past your presence has been appreciated and enjoyed. I see no reason why this should have changed and you are as always welcome. I for one have yet to hear one of you phono stages and would welcome the opportunity to here one. There are no slaves and masters here or brand preference so get yer ass along Jez.

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Jez, we have no grief whatsoever and I'd like you to come along and show us your latest tweakery. I'll provide the bog standard mains cables
    This

It'd be a great opportunity for us to hear the preamp, or whatever other developments you have on the go.

I'm Alan.

Da
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast