+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi new rega system builder from Edinburgh

I'm Martin.

Default Hi new rega system builder from Edinburgh

Hi thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I am building a new system around a newly acquired Rega P6. Any advice about a good match in amplifier and cartridge would be appreciated.

I would be interested in hearing about any good Rega amps out there for sale too!

Thanks

Martin

I'm Geoff.

Hello Martin. Welcome to AOS.

Do you have any other equipment apart from the P6? An obvious choice for your turntable would be a Rega cartridge, they're decent enough. As for an amplifier, that would depend largely on your choice of speakers. You may want to pick those first.

Have a look around the site, you'll find that every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered. If you have more questions, find the appropriate area and ask away. There's plenty of advice and opinion to be had.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Rich.

There was a few Rega amps came up for sale not long ago. Decent second hand buys.

Keep your eyes on the private exhibitions thread and maybe put up a wanted ad when you've decided what you're in for.

Lots of other lovely amp choices too though
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Brian.

Welcome to the forum Martin . The Rega Brio R is a very good amp with a decent built-in MM phono stage . If your budget is higher have a look at their Elex R .
    These speakers are also a bit of a bargain , and Rich the seller is a real gent http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...light=rega+rs5
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Grant.

Welcome Martin
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Dave.

Welcome Martin, to the friendly forum.

The obvious choice is a Rega cartridge and amp, depending on your budget. A Rega system works very well and trouble free.

I do, from time to time, have lightly used demo or display stock, so when you are ready, it's worth an e-mail.

I'm Martin.

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the good and friendly advice. Both of the Rega amps sounds interesting and if I can get a a used Elex R in good condition that sounds like the one to go for... I'll try that first with a wanted notice.

Martin

I'm martin.

Hi and welcome Martin, sure you'll fit in here, couple of places in Edinburgh that you might find/get to hear some Rega stuff to get an idea. regards Martin(too).
    Please take good care of your S2k keep it by your side for long and enjoy it from the bottom of your heart and share the quality and legacy of the S2k with many friends so that the legend of the S2k will continue for long. Shigeru Uehara Designer Honda S2000.

+ Reply to Thread