+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Temple Audiio Bantam One Amplifier

I'm Barry.

Default Temple Audiio Bantam One Amplifier

Any one have any thoughts/experience of the new Bantam One Amplifier? I was thinking of trying a pair of Temple Audio mono blocks and then the new Bantam One Amplifier caught my eye..

http://www.bantamone.com/index.php

I'm Dave.

Afternoon

I had the same thoughts a few months ago when I started to think about a change of amplifier and had always hankered after some monoblocks - can't explain why just did

Anyway I found the Bantam One and after reading the review listed on the site I decided to go for it and ordered a Bantam One with a walnut front, walnut volume knob and gold trim - didn't bother with the remote control.

Turned up about a week later and I have been very pleased with the unit - it's compact but sounds really good in my system - plenty of punch and bass (which I like) and dead easy to use.

You deal directly with the guys at Temple audio (John Clayton) who has responded quickly to the couple of questions I had. And they offer a 60 day trial period so you could return if it doesn't gel with your system.
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm Barry.

Thanks Dave, more food for thought Currently using a Amptasic mini-1, but looking for a bit more grunt.

I'm Dave.

Never heard an Amptastic but I reckon you won't be short of grunt with the Bantam One
    Dave

Currently listening to:

Wilmslow Audio Gemini speakers with external crossovers | DCB1 -> Neurochrome 86 Monos | Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 -> Denafrips Pontus II | Roon Server/ HQPlayer | Spotfire interconnects / speaker cable

I'm tony.

Havent heard the Bantum one but own an original bantum and four mono blocks. Great amps and a great company to deal with.

My son uses mono blocks with a TVC promethoius, a lovely combo with plenty of grunt and control.

I have a couple of amptastic mini t, they are excellent but the monos are quite a upgrade sonically.

The Monos are great at driving statics (57s/63s) they worked really well with Spendor SP1s and my Electric beach Frugels.

Im sure John on THE AUDIO STANDARD uses a Bantum 1 and rates it highly.

Hope that helps....

I'm Barry.

Thanks Tony.

I'm Clive.

The Bantam One is a great amp. It improves on the monoblocks, that's a lot to do with the power supply which IIRC I talked about in the review.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Barry.

Cheers Clive, great review.

I'm Barry.

Well, I took the plunge and ordered one a couple of weeks back, it arrived this week. Overall I am very impressed with it, sound quality is great and I love the improved stereo image I am getting. The only downside is I can't use my headphone amp with it, I was hoping I could use the pre-out's but there's no way to mute the speakers, at least there is headphone output on my PiDac and I could alway's use my Tisbury pre on one of the Bantam inputs.

I'm Geoff.

Sounds like a nice product. I've never had my mits on one, but the review is very promising.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread