+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ITV Picture Quality

I'm Lee.

Default ITV Picture Quality

Could someone please tell me why the picture quality on ITV is so bad compared with most other channels. I mean sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's worse than bad! Very blocky.

I have a Panny 42" PX80 plasma fed with sky plus.
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm notAlone.

If it's satellite, your plate needs adjusting, I think.
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

We use freeview and it's ALL bad, and that with a now elderly Panasonic 28" CRT telly. Bigger modern screens seem to emphasise any pixillation going on (and I thought it was the screens doing it).

I suspect it's either setup or TV companies doing the usual "lowest common denominator" thing again.....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

Exactly dave all TV is shit quality, i don't even know why i'm gonna spend so much on a new TV to be honest.Lucky i'm not bothered about watching the box, as long as my Cult 60's/70's Si-fi DVD's look good i'm cool.
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 13-12-2009 at 18:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Themis View Post
    If it's satellite, your plate needs adjusting, I think.
    But there again, if you're using a plate maybe you'd be better using a dish .
    Sorry Themis, I couldn't resist it - no offence my friend, I genuinely admire your command of our sometimes very weird language.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Exactly dave all TV is shit quality, i don't even know why i'm gonna spend so much on a new TV to be honest.Lucky i'm not bothered about watching the box, as long as my Cult 60's/70's Si-fi DVD's look good i'm cool.
    I'm a huge fan of UFO and I thought the DVD's were superbly re-mastered. the HD transfers are certainly better on small background resolution (writing on control panels etc) but someone tinkered with the excellent colour grading of the earlier transfers..

Just like "re-mastering" CD's innit?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm notAlone.

Quote Originally Posted by mercury1 View Post
    But there again, if you're using a plate maybe you'd be better using a dish .
    Sorry Themis, I couldn't resist it - no offence my friend, I genuinely admire your command of our sometimes very weird language.

(pardon my ignorance. No offence, really : it makes me lough, on the contrary ! )
    Dimitri.

In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    George Orwell

I'm Imjustsurviving.

I'm on Virgin Cable, just had all my cables replaced because my dopey brother-inlaw put a spade through the line in from the road and i still get a good one minute and bad the next picture, perhaps there plate has gone

But must admit it seems to be worse lately looks like low cloud type satelite interference where the picture breaks up and the pixels get bigger?
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I'm a huge fan of UFO and I thought the DVD's were superbly re-mastered. the HD transfers are certainly better on small background resolution (writing on control panels etc) but someone tinkered with the excellent colour grading of the earlier transfers..

Just like "re-mastering" CD's innit?
    Aye they are amazing picture quality.. Same with the Prisoner, their are some appauling issues on DVD especially the collector club..The best i have & seen is the Region 0 Austraian ones on Carlton/Umbrella..the pictures awesome.. Saying that the now deleted Space 1999 S1&2 are great lot better then i remember em on TV...

I'm David.

I got a 37" px80. Itv picture quality seems ok certainly for the most part itv 2 is pretty gash though and the +1 channels are awful! But then most of what is on tv is shite anyway so ...
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast