+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firebottle Vivant Phono Stage - A Review

I'm Colin.

A good review Mike, fair and gentle.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Wonfor View Post
    A good review Mike, fair and gentle.
    Mike, fair and gentle - 1st time I've been called that....

I'm Colin.

True but you have been taking the pills now!!!

I'm Mike.

This phono stage is still wowing me, buyers remorse? Not a bit of it, wish I'd bought it sooner.

As soon as I switch it on in the morning and settle down to my first tune of the day it just sounds so bloody good.

I'm Paul.

Nice write up Mike and congrats on such a nicely mde phono stage. Just one minor point of detail....is that a small error ion the specs you quoted "MC loading set at 47KOhm)"? Shouldn't that be "470 Ohm" for MC which is the norm, for example where a 1:10 SUT is used with a MM stage? Perhaps Alan can clarify. I like the design principles that Alan's used to prevent EQ drift on the passive RIAA stage, something which can sometimes be evident with passive RIAA and valves.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    Nice write up Mike and congrats on such a nicely mde phono stage. Just one minor point of detail....is that a small error ion the specs you quoted "MC loading set at 47KOhm)"? Shouldn't that be "470 Ohm" for MC which is the norm, for example where a 1:10 SUT is used with a MM stage? Perhaps Alan can clarify. I like the design principles that Alan's used to prevent EQ drift on the passive RIAA stage, something which can sometimes be evident with passive RIAA and valves.
    Thanks, I'm not sure about the spec I'll need to ask Alan as that is just a photo taken of the spec sheet he gave me with the stage.

I'm at a cross roads right now with my setup and all routes look long with nothing at the end lol.

I'm pretty sure my speakers are holding it back, they are really good but I think they're pushed to the limit with my room size and configuration.

I'm going to TRY and convince my wife that cute as the speakers are... They just aren't working on the end of what should really be an amazing system, I'm going to try and borrow some others from the two local dealers I have near me and see if it makes any difference, don't really want to buy before I try.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Yes MM is 47k, MC loading is configureable via loading plugs. 100ohm supplied, but Alan had fitted 470ohm to suit my Benz cart for MIBO.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Yes MM is 47k, MC loading is configureable via loading plugs. 100ohm supplied, but Alan had fitted 470ohm to suit my Benz cart for MIBO.
    Thanks Ali, I've not tried the 470's with my AT cart, don't think it would suitable but might try it once I'm bored, which will probably be in about 5 minutes lol

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    Thanks Ali, I've not tried the 470's with my AT cart, don't think it would suitable but might try it once I'm bored, which will probably be in about 5 minutes lol
    You may find Mike that increasing the loading makes very little difference to sound with MC cartridges. Getting it too low is another matter.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    You may find Mike that increasing the loading makes very little difference to sound with MC cartridges. Getting it too low is another matter.
    Ah, ok thanks that will save me trying them, only reason they are there is that Ali needed them to try at MiBO. Not bored yet so they're still in the packet lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast