+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help to decide which is which

I'm Derek.

Default Need help to decide which is which

Hello, i really need your help to decide what mixer should i used, I'm planning to buy a mixer (first time to use one) however i dunno what would best for me, I'm going to do live performance this time.

i'll be using the mixer for podcast, mainly for vocals

What we have here are the following:

behringer
    alesis
    mackie profx series
    mackie vlz4 series
    allen and heath
    alto

Sorry for the question, I'm just starting out.

I'm Marc.

Purely on brand, from what you've listed, Allen and Heath.

But without knowing your budget and requirements it doesn't help much.

I'm Paul.

I agree with Rothchild - Allen and Heath have always been reliable and rock solid.
    They've got that battleship feel to them and I've used a lot of mixers across various venues as a DJ over 25 years ..
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Jez.

Beware. The cheaper A&H gear is now made in China and not much better than the likes of Behringer.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Marc.

Everything is made in China these days.

OP, any further info so we can help you more?

I'm Nathan.

If you are only planning on using it for a podcast I'd just get a behringer. They're cheap and the warranty isn't bad. They do have quality control issues, but if you get a bad one you'll know right away and can return it. Once it's compressed into an mp3 you won't hear the difference.

Do you already have an audio interface, or are you planning on buying a mixer with one built in? If you are planning on buying one with a built in USB interface I take back my advice.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I'm Derek.

Sorry for late response, mainly I will be using it for podcasting.

@Rothchild actually you were right.

@nthall yes i have a AI Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

The reason why i want to buy a mixer i want to do live recording so that i can do adjustment real time. For me as a starter i don't want to spend much i just want to have a piece of equipment to practice with but i want something that will provide good quality of sound. The one that i listed those are the brand that was offered here now a days and i check A&H mostly it was made in China only one shop that was offering made in US same with Mackie. Behringer we have here one from Germany and the China ones.

I'm very open for suggestion.

Thank you for reply back on my post.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothchild View Post
    Everything is made in China these days.

OP, any further info so we can help you more?
    Wrong. Not everything. In the case of mixing desks the expensive A&H ones are made in UK. Not crap like the zero series....

For podcasting anything will do...
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by derekkawaii View Post
    Sorry for late response, mainly I will be using it for podcasting.

@Rothchild actually you were right.

@nthall yes i have a AI Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

The reason why i want to buy a mixer i want to do live recording so that i can do adjustment real time. For me as a starter i don't want to spend much i just want to have a piece of equipment to practice with but i want something that will provide good quality of sound. The one that i listed those are the brand that was offered here now a days and i check A&H mostly it was made in China only one shop that was offering made in US same with Mackie. Behringer we have here one from Germany and the China ones.

I'm very open for suggestion.

Thank you for reply back on my post.
    Any of them will work for podcasting with your interface. The Behringers are the cheapest around here. I've used them and they work fine. A cheap compressor can save you a lot of editing after the fact too.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I'm Derek.

@nthall thanks for the insight

Any suggestion what kind of compressor to use? I'm not really aware of that but what i know is the dbx thing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast